Emily March Fans discussion

Family Secrets > "Family" secrets--from Emily, Christina, and Nicole

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Emily, Author (new)

Emily March (emilymarchbooks) | 113 comments Mod
I thought it'd be fun to lure Christina and Nicole into our group while you're reading our compilation. Paula, feel free to post ask the author questions for each of them.

After years of friendship and support, both Christina and Nic are like sisters to me. We're in plot group together so we *do* have secrets about one another. I'll start. ;)

Nicole is a serious Red Sox fan and Christina's husband likes to ply us with cookies and wine when plot group meets at her house. :)

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Burnham | 14 comments Thanks for the invite, Emily! I'm very happy to be here, both as an author and as a reader. (Emily knows how much I love the Eternity Springs books...I'd be a fan even if I didn't know her.)

As for secrets, I can tell you that Emily is every bit as much a dog lover as the characters in her books. She's fostered some amazing boxers, plus had a few of her own. In fact, everyone in our plot group is a dog person. I grew up with poodles (and have one now), and Christina has two wonderful dogs named Ritter and Lizzie, who will gladly accept any cookies that happen to drop on the floor.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome, NIcole! It's wonderful to have you join us for this exciting group read. We're very informal - more like a community or a family than a book club. I'll set up a question thread for you and Christina. Please message me if you have any questions at all!

Paula

message 4: by Lola (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments Welcome to the Sisterhood Nicole !
My name is Lola, I live in Montana with my retired Hubby Wolf and our 1 year old labradoodle Sadie. I was born in Houston and we moved here over 40 years ago. Right now I am planting my garden , got the red potatoes planted just now and am cooling off in front of the fan. Ladies it has finally turned hot yes!!!!!

We are all Eternity Springs want-to-be's ,and Celeste Blessing when we grow up ,all though I am probably the closest in age to her , I don't think I will ever be as wise ;) Hugs Lola

message 5: by Christina (new)

Christina Dodd Thanks for the invitation, Emily. The deep inner secrets I could tell about Emily and Nicole! And I would, but they know my secrets, too. ;)

So…Emily is a true Texan and so is her husband, so when we have plot group at our (whoops!) at Emily's lake house, he grills steak. OMG. So good!

When we plot, Nicole is Switzerland. If we're headed for an argument (and it happens, we're all strongly opinioned women), Nic steps in and smooths things over, suggests other ideas, a break, a snack… We've found a break and a snack is always a good idea, even if we're not arguing.

message 6: by Lola (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments Welcome to the Sisterhood too Christina!

You will both come to love this group of fun broads ,I mean Ladies lol. We have become a family and are more than happy to spread the love! Hugs Lola

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Burnham | 14 comments Great to meet you, Lola. I think we ALL want to be Celeste when we grow up!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome, Christina! Thanks for joining us for this exciting group read. I would SO love to have a plot group to argue with - right now I argue with myself, and even though a break and a snack still helps, sometimes I'm not fond of my own advice.

message 9: by Jina (new)

Jina Gibbs | 763 comments Emily wrote: "I thought it'd be fun to lure Christina and Nicole into our group while you're reading our compilation. Paula, feel free to post ask the author questions for each of them.

After years of friendsh..."

Dear Emily,
Hello. I hope you are doing well and enjoying the start of warmer weather and the blossoms the season brings. I have a couple questions from my girls if you dont mind taking a minute to answer real quick.
1. Do you wear necklaces or bracelets more? Which is your preferred?
2. Because I cant find if you answered it before your favorite flower, dog, and color?
Thank you so much. Today was the last day of school for my girls. I am hoping that everything ends well as far as grades and we can exit this school and enter the other school smoothly and without complications. The bullies were thick in this school. I was at the Emergency room with Heather from 9pm yesterday to 5:30 am this morning so I am beat and going to head to bed. Heathers ok now it was an issue with her gtube collapsing. Since she cant swallow and has all her meds and food and water through the gtube it is a crisis if she cant get feed or her heart meds or hydrated. But we are all good now, just tired. So good night for now sweet lady,
Jina

message 10: by Lesley (new)

Lesley | 669 comments Jina wrote: "Emily wrote: "I thought it'd be fun to lure Christina and Nicole into our group while you're reading our compilation. Paula, feel free to post ask the author questions for each of them.

After yea..."

Jina, Hope you enjoy the summer & have time to relax a little.

message 11: by Emily, Author (new)

Emily March (emilymarchbooks) | 113 comments Mod
Jina, for your girls. I'm a bracelet girl, blue, boxers, and hmm...flowers...guess I'm a traditionalist. Roses.

Happy summer to you and your girls. Bullies are such a trial!

message 12: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 592 comments Jina wrote: "Emily wrote: "I thought it'd be fun to lure Christina and Nicole into our group while you're reading our compilation. Paula, feel free to post ask the author questions for each of them.

After yea..."

Glad that the school year has ended. Being in ER can be worst than hiking or running a marathon. Hope you get some rest a. Glad that Heather is ok.

message 13: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 592 comments Christina wrote: "Thanks for the invitation, Emily. The deep inner secrets I could tell about Emily and Nicole! And I would, but they know my secrets, too. ;)

So…Emily is a true Texan and so is her husband, so whe..."

Glad to have you here Christina.

message 14: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 592 comments Nicole wrote: "Thanks for the invite, Emily! I'm very happy to be here, both as an author and as a reader. (Emily knows how much I love the Eternity Springs books...I'd be a fan even if I didn't know her.)

As fo..."

Welcome Nicole. Looking forward to read the book .

message 15: by Lola (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments Dear Jina ,
I hope Heather is doing better! I wanted to tell you what my Hubby bought me , my very own Official NFL Cam Newton Jersey ! I love me some Cam !!!!!! The Panthers are my team !
Give the girls a hug from their Auntie Lola , and tell them YEA School is out! When Jen was in school I always woke her up on the last day of school with , Alice Cooper's School's Out, playing really loud ! lol Hugs Lola

message 16: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Burnham | 14 comments Jina, hope all is well with Heather and the gtube problem is completely resolved!

message 17: by Lesley (new)

Lesley | 669 comments I finished reading all three books last night, Really enjoyed all of them. Will come back to the discussion when I have a little more time. It has been a difficult week here. will explain later.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Lesley - Whatever is going on, you know we will be here when you're ready. I'm so sorry you've had a rough time this week and you know you are always in our thoughts and prayers.

message 19: by Lesley (new)

Lesley | 669 comments Paula wrote: "Lesley - Whatever is going on, you know we will be here when you're ready. I'm so sorry you've had a rough time this week and you know you are always in our thoughts and prayers."
Hi Paula, Thanks I know you are all there for me. My problems seem quiet insignificant to some of the on-going things some of the group deal with on a daily basis. Our youngest son, he's in his 40s, was taken into hospital this week with severe stomach pain and has been undergoing investigations. They think it is to do with his Pancreres but still don't know for definate. He is schedulded for more tests Monday/Tuesday & in the meantime his pain is now under control. I know I shouldn't panic but I am afraid he has Pancreatic Cancer, which my Mother died of, also we live about 200 miles apart & I am torn whether to go to him now or wait until the results are in which he wants us to do. So I haven't really been doing much this last week which takes much thinking about. Will keep you updated.

message 20: by Lola (last edited Jun 19, 2016 07:15AM) (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments Dear Lesley,

I am praying it is not cancer ! We went thru cancer with Wolf, he had a very rare disease appendix cancer , he is now cancer free for over 5 years. They have come so far in the treatments for cancer. It sounds bad But I hope it is just an ulcer :>)
What is his first name? I will put him on the prayer list. Big Motherly Hugs Lola

message 21: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindamanthey) | 413 comments Lesley wrote: "Paula wrote: "Lesley - Whatever is going on, you know we will be here when you're ready. I'm so sorry you've had a rough time this week and you know you are always in our thoughts and prayers."
Hi ..."

Lesley,
I am so sorry to hear of your son's illness.
Our children are always going to be "children" in our hearts and to feel anxious when waiting to hear a diagnosis is a mother's prerogative. Be kind to yourself and rest in the knowledge of your friends are here and holding your family up in prayer.
Peace be with you my friend.
Linda Manthey

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Lesley, my heart goes out to you. I hope you are feeling the love and strength we are sending your way. Pancreatitis - an inflammation of the pancreas - is not uncommon and can be difficult to diagnose. The nurse in me wants to think it's something along that line. Please keep us posted and let us know what you need.

message 23: by Lesley (new)

Lesley | 669 comments His name is Mark Lola, glad Wolf is ok. So do I Paula & thank you to you Lola & Linda. will of course let you know when we have an answer.

message 24: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Burnham | 14 comments Lesley, so sorry to hear about Mark. Waiting to hear what's causing the pain brings pain of its own, I'm sure. Hoping that the news is good when the results come back!

message 25: by Lola (new)

Here is an email I got from Unity ,I hope it helps . I also ask them to pray for all the Families hurting in Orlando. Hugs Lola

Dear Lola,

We give thanks for the power of prayer as we join you in prayer now. Together we hold thoughts of strength and wholeness, knowing that healing is taking place.

God is perfect life, and because all people are made in the image and likeness of God, perfect health is their birthright and natural state of being. As we join you in prayer for Mark and for the people of Orlando , we affirm that the life of God within is restoring every cell to perfection. Please hold this thought as we pray together:

"The perfect life of God within you is restoring you to peace and radiant health."

Throughout the weeks ahead, we will continue each person you care about as healthy and whole and enjoying life to its fullest.

In peace,

Silent Unity

message 26: by Lesley (new)

Lesley | 669 comments Thank you ladiesfor your thoughts and prayers. He rang this morning, not so much pain but very frustrated because there is still no diagnosis. We can and will cope with whatever it turns out to be, just need to know.

message 27: by Melinda (last edited Jun 21, 2016 07:57AM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 592 comments Lesley,
Sorry to hear about Mark. Anything with the pancreas and inflammation is very painful. I will add your whole family especially Mark to the prayer list. The waiting is harder than knowing what you are dealing with. You have a support system here and with Wolf so know you are not alone. i find waiting for results or diagnosis very hard so I understand the unkown area is hard. You can fight better when you know what you are fighting. Have a hug Lesley and try to keep busy so your mind will be quiet.

message 28: by Lesley (new)

Lesley | 669 comments Melinda wrote: "Lesley,
Sorry to hear about Mark. Anything with the pancreas and inflammation is very painful. I will add your whole family especially Mark to the prayer list. The waiting is harder than knowing w..."

Thank you for your prayer sMelinda, He had a CT scan today so now waiting result & hoping it tells us something. As you say waiting is worse than knowing what you are dealing with. My husband & I are going to our County Agricultural Show for the next two day so I shall be off-line but wil let everyone know when we know something.

message 29: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 592 comments Lesley wrote: "Melinda wrote: "Lesley,
Sorry to hear about Mark. Anything with the pancreas and inflammation is very painful. I will add your whole family especially Mark to the prayer list. The waiting is harde..."

Lesley,
Hope you have a nice time at the County Agricultural Show and that it keeps you busy while you wait.

message 30: by Jina (new)

Jina Gibbs | 763 comments Dear Lesley,
Please know I am praying for you and your son. For some reason Goodreads has not let me sign on for nearly a week. I was so worried that I missed something. I am so sorry I haven't been able to lend you support until now. Please know that my girls and I love you and will keep you in our prayers.
Hugs to you,
Jina and the girls

message 31: by Lesley (new)

Lesley | 669 comments Hi Ladies, We are back from the County Show & had a good time & great weather yesterday. Unfortunatley today hasn't been so great as last night we had a 'double whammy' of bad news as the doctors confirmed what we suspected that Mark, our son does have Pancreatic Cancer so we now wait to find out what surgery/ treatment he wil have. On top of that my baby sister, she is 58, rang last night to tell me that she has Lung Cancer. So as you can imagine I'm 'in bits' at the moment but trying to stay strong for them. Apologies for the language but 'life is a btch' at the moment. Will be in & out as I can. Thanks for the support.

message 32: by Lesley (new)

Lesley | 669 comments Jina wrote: "Dear Lesley,
Please know I am praying for you and your son. For some reason Goodreads has not let me sign on for nearly a week. I was so worried that I missed something. I am so sorry I haven't bee..."

Thanks Jina for your lovely support, please see seperate post for updat.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, Lesley...I am so very sorry. God be with you and your entire family as you walk this path. Hugs to you.

message 34: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Burnham | 14 comments So sorry to hear that, Lesley. To call it a double whammy is an understatement. Take care!

message 35: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 592 comments Lesley,
What a evening you had yesterday. I will put both of them on the prayer list. Remember that you and your family are not alone. At least you , the family and especially your son now know what you have to fight. Take a deep breath Lesley . You and your family take care of each other and the group is here for you.

message 36: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 592 comments Jina,
I am glad that you were able to get on Good Reads. i had problems on Sunday.

message 37: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindamanthey) | 413 comments Lesley wrote: "Hi Ladies, We are back from the County Show & had a good time & great weather yesterday. Unfortunatley today hasn't been so great as last night we had a 'double whammy' of bad news as the doctors c..."

Dear Lesley,
I am so sorry to hear the news was not good. I will pray for Mark and for the rest of the family as well. Science has made great strides in dealing with cancer and I pray there is a method that will eradicate this disease and your son will be well soon.
I know, as a mother, you can't help but worry. Just please take care of yourself. Sending love and prayers your way.
Linda Manthey

message 38: by Lesley (new)

Lesley | 669 comments Thank you ladies for your lovely comments. Mark has just rung to say that they are letting him go home for the weekend, with a load of pills & instructions of course. He has to wait for his body to settle after the stent was put in before they can continue with whatever they decided to do next. Luckily both Mark & Judy, my sister have a strong will to survive are very stubborn. Love to you all.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm so glad he is able to be out of the hospital -- home is so important for healing. Hospitals make us feel helpless and abnormal (having been on both sides of the bedpan...!). You will all be in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks so much for letting us know. xoxo

message 40: by Jina (new)

Jina Gibbs | 763 comments Lesley,
Is there Cancer Treatment Centers there. I am not sure where your son and Judy live but here in the states we have Cancer Treatment Centers of America. My Aunt went there with Stage 3 colon cancer and after 12 treatments of chemo and the other things they did she was cancer free and has been for 2 years. I sure hope the treatments go well. Attitude is half the battle. If they have extended stays in the hospital, let us know so we can send uplifting cards. The cards that were sent to Heather during her 8 month stay right after her heart attack boosted her up and we put them in her scrapbook that she would take out and look at and read several times a week. I cant thank those people enough for the boost to her spirit and support and encouragement they gave me. We are here for you. You're family.
Love you mooey much (as Sarah Faith says),
Jina and the girls

message 41: by Lesley (new)

Lesley | 669 comments Paula wrote: "I'm so glad he is able to be out of the hospital -- home is so important for healing. Hospitals make us feel helpless and abnormal (having been on both sides of the bedpan...!). You will all be in ..."

He already sounds so my brighter being at home & says that at least he can get some sleep & eat what he ants, when he wants.

message 42: by Lesley (new)

Lesley | 669 comments Jina wrote: "Lesley,
Is there Cancer Treatment Centers there. I am not sure where your son and Judy live but here in the states we have Cancer Treatment Centers of America. My Aunt went there with Stage 3 colon..."

Jina, One is in Surrey & the other is in Cambridgeshire so it looks as if I'm going to be doing some travelling from Lincolnshire. They both have good treatment centers not too far away but hopefully neither of them will have to stay in hospital for extended times at the moment unless they can operate, which we are still waiting to find out. Judy has already had two weeks of Chemo & next week is a rest week but she has 18 weeks to undergo if she can stand it. It is already knocking her for six. Mark is still waiting to find out 'what first'. Will keep you up to date. Thank you all for your prayers. Love from Lesley

message 43: by Lola (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments Hi All,
Be careful on this site, I got what is called a redirect virus from here. If you see words that are strange colors or have a heart next to them DO NOT click on them. I had to put a anti-malware on my computer to get rid of it. Thank goodness I finally found out what was screwing up my computer. I couldn't go to sites like Walmart ,before I could type in what I wanted to look for it would pop me onto another web site, something like "Home find" ,was driving me crazy. Hugs Lola

message 44: by Lola (last edited Jun 27, 2016 10:10AM) (new)

I have been having a problem with this site , I couldn't type anything. So I am late in sending my regrets on Mark and Judy, I like all the other Ladies I wish them both the best outcome . As was said cancer treatment is getting better every day. I will add Judy to my prayer list. Please take care of yourself too. Having gone thru this with Wolf ,I had to remember to make time for myself and not feel guilty. If I didn't take care of myself I couldn't take care of him.
Hugs & Love, Lola

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll ask goodreads to look into this when I get home. Working today...

message 46: by Lesley (new)

Lesley | 669 comments Lola wrote: "Dear Lesley,

I have been having a problem with this site , I couldn't type anything. So I am late in sending my regrets on Mark and Judy, I like all the other Ladies I wish them both the best out..."

Thanks Lola for your thoughts, I know what you are saying. I think I would feel a little better if they would stop trying to protect us & let us do something, even if it's cook & clean. We will get there. xx

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, everyone -- From what I've been able to determine, some book-list spammers have been posting links to groups recently. I haven't seen any links of that kind in THIS group, and I've checked our membership to make sure that those who have been called out haven't joined..but be on the lookout. If anyone unfamiliar posts links in any of our discussions, don't click on them - let me know and I'll report them!

As for the issues with the Goodreads site, they seem to be random, so if they happen to you again, please shoot an email to Goodreads (via the "help" link on the dropdown box at the top of the screen). It can take them a day or two to respond, but they are reliable about investigating issues.

Fixing them? Well, that's kind of a different story.

Happy Reading! Stay cool and stay safe!
Paula

message 48: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 592 comments Was not sure which place to post this so I did it under My Big Old Texas Heartache and here.
Emily,
I was wondering if when you wrote My Big Old Texas Heartache, did you have a plan for a series about Brazos Bend, Texas or did it come later after the story was written or published?

message 49: by Lola (new)

Lola  | 1001 comments Hi All,
I just finished Scandal with a Prince , enjoyed it very much. Got scary when Anna got sick. Are the rest of the series about the other Princes? I have already ordered the next book. Hugs Lola

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, Lola - I've recently spent some time hanging out on Nicole's website, http://nicoleburnham.com -- there are some very royal goodies there -- princes galore! I can't wait to read another book about this particular royal family...

« previous 1