Perustopia Book Club discussion

Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices, #1)
This topic is about Lady Midnight
why does Clary dread Jace's engagement?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ashley Hermawan (ashleyhermawan) | 40 comments at the end of the book, Clary mentions dreading the moment when she'll have to say yes/no to jace's engagemnet? if she loves him so much why woulnt she just accept it? shouldnt she be happy? Cassies said in her blog that hey would stay together throughout the series, but i just dont get why she dreads it so much.

Atmika (pai15) | 7 comments Even I was confused by that. Guess we'll find out in Lord of Shadows!

✨    jami   ✨ (jamieson_) | 27 comments I thought that maybe she just isn't ready for marriage? It's not that uncommon for people to stay in long-term relationships but never get married.

Evangelin (evangelin1509) | 124 comments Jamieson wrote: "I thought that maybe she just isn't ready for marriage? It's not that uncommon for people to stay in long-term relationships but never get married."

Yeah.your right.Even I thought the same thing.Maybe she wasn't expecting to be married so soon or maybe she didn't expect the proposal to come this soon,especially from Jace.(I'm sure all of you reading this will be nodding their head in agreement that Jace is different,I mean really different)

Sumedha the wordy habitat (thewordyhabitat) I think there's a bigger underlying reason for it. I wonder if she's pregnant or something and shes afraid of how Jace will react? Who knows

✨    jami   ✨ (jamieson_) | 27 comments Iridescence wrote: "I think there's a bigger underlying reason for it. I wonder if she's pregnant or something and shes afraid of how Jace will react? Who knows"

I thought it could possibly be to do with her mum - maybe because of her mums failed marriage with Valentine? But then that seems kind of silly because Jocelyn remarries Luke anyway

Sumedha the wordy habitat (thewordyhabitat) I feel like it's some external factor, not about her feelings out doubts. There's also the factor that he doesn't know about Kit yet and she might know as Tessa could have told her in advance.