What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical romance about husband and young wife (maybe Amanda quick novel) [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 2 comments I hope someone will be able to help as this has been bugging me for a long time. I read a historical romance many years back I'm think probably early 2000's and I'm pretty sure it was an Amanda Quick but was probably published way before I read it. It was two books in one but I really only want to know what the first book was called.

This is what I can remember the book being about. It's about a young bride married to an older main a lord I think who is desperately in love with him and visa versa. But they continue to get into fight because she continually gives her allowance away to help he family, I think her father is a gambler. I'm also pretty sure there is a plot twist where the husbands sister goes off to elope and the wife goes after her to stop her from making a terrible mistake, but the husband gets the wrong idea and think wife is running off and chases after her. It all ends happy ever after when they finally talk honestly with each other and realise there true feelings.

Would appreciate if anyone has a clue of the name of this book.

Thanks

message 2: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 763 comments April Lady by Georgette Heyer.It's her brother who's the gambler.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32242 comments Mod
April Lady by Georgette Heyer for Sue's suggestion.

message 4: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 2 comments Ohhh yes that's it no wonder couldn't find it as had wrong author thank you :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

April Lady (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Georgette Heyer (other topics)