Teen Writers and Readers Unite discussion

Writing > Searching for Beta Readers [OPEN]: 99 Days

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julia (new)

Julia | 4 comments Hello!
My name is Julia and I am new to GoodReads. I am currently searching for beta readers to read my work-in-progress novel, 99 Days. I already have four beta readers so I will only accept 11 to 16 others. I'm hoping to have an equal amount of male and female beta readers, so if you would, please let me know of your gender in your response below or send me a PM. I am asking for gender because I want to try and make this book appealing to both men and women. Age does not matter to me. Also, I've been working really hard on this novel and I trust that no one will plagiarize anything in my story or steal the main plot. (But I'm sure that won't happen.)

99 Days is a young adult adventure-romance story with a touch of mystery and supernatural. The protagonist is a teenage girl and her boyfriend was recently killed in an accident. A hundred days after his death, the depressed protagonist hears the news of a student who committed suicide. Her boyfriend returns in the form of an angel, gives the protagonist a special mission, and reverses time to the day after he died. The mission: the protagonist has 99 dies to stop the boy from committing suicide.

That's the main concept of the story, but there are a few other sub-plots involved. Hopefully it sounds enticing! If you're intruiged by that short summary and you'd like be a beta reader, here are the guidelines/requirements:
- No plagiarizing, stealing, or anything of the sort while reading my story
- Keep this story to yourself and only for your eyes to see (do not show anyone else)
- Give explicit and detailed feedback (I'll be sending out an email to all selected beta readers by the end of June 2016 or early July 2016)
- Send feedback as soon as YOU can

Now, instructions to sign up to be a beta reader are simple:
Send me a PM or write a comment below that includes your first name, email, and gender.

I hope this sounds easy enough! Thanks so much for reading!
Cordially,
Julia

message 2: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (csutcliffebooks) Sounds interesting. I'm Chloe, I'm female and my email is csutcliffe84@gmail.com

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahmango) | 53 comments I'm totally interested, your novel sounds really good. My name is Sarah, I'm a girl and 16 years old. My email is sarahtheelephantprincess@gmail.com

message 4: by Julia (new)

Julia | 4 comments Sarah wrote: "I'm totally interested, your novel sounds really good. My name is Sarah, I'm a girl and 16 years old. My email is sarahtheelephantprincess@gmail.com"

Thanks for signing up! I'll add you to the list.

message 5: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments I'd love to help out too.
Kersten
Female
kdominique99@live.com

message 6: by Christa (new)

Christa Nardi | 4 comments Hi! Cassidy Salem and I are developing a new mystery series for YA readers. We have finished the first in the series and we are looking for beta readers to give us feedback.

The main characters are sisters, ages 16 and 17. A girl (Gwen) on the train gives Tamar a package and disappears. Hannah and Tamar don't know how to contact her to get the package back and they don't know what it is in the package. As they try to find Gwen to return the package, it turns out it might not be hers after all.

This is PG and a novella (about 20K words) - if you'd be interested in reading for us, please let me know! either message here or email me at cccnardi@gmail.com

Thanks!

message 7: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (csutcliffebooks) I'll help you. My email address is above if you need it.

message 8: by Christa (new)

Christa Nardi | 4 comments Hi Chloe - just emailed you! Thanks!

message 9: by Christa (new)

Christa Nardi | 4 comments Thanks Sammy! Just sent it out to you! Thanks!

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahmango) | 53 comments Heya! I'd love it if some of you could volunteer to beta read my novella for my personal project for school.

It follows Danny, a teenage boy who witnesses his best friend's death and is convinced a vampire killed him. No one will listen to Danny, and no matter how many times he tries to tell them what he saw, people keep saying he's crazy. Forced to take matters into his own hands, Daniel works to prove his sanity and reap revenge on his best friend.

I'm looking for people who are willing to read the story and give feedback on plot, characterization, grammar and spelling and anything else you might notice along the way.
If you're interested, just send me your email and I'll send you the first part of the story. Thank you so much in advance for helping me out on this project. :)

message 11: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 31, 2016 10:32AM) (new)

Christa wrote: "Hi! Cassidy Salem and I are developing a new mystery series for YA readers. We have finished the first in the series and we are looking for beta readers to give us feedback.

The main characters a..."

I do enjoy mystery stories.

My email address is: PinkLoverPharaohDora@gmail.com

(I'm not allowed to give out my personal email address. So this Email address is my RP one, but I also use it for chat and for beta reading. As I have before.)

(PS. Don't freak out if it says Opal Cherry. It's still me. I can say Shine from GR and you'll know it's me.)

message 12: by Aisling (new)

Aisling | 2 comments Sarah wrote: "Heya! I'd love it if some of you could volunteer to beta read my novella for my personal project for school.

It follows Danny, a teenage boy who witnesses his best friend's death and is convinced..."

I'm up for a bit of mystery, I'd love to help out.

Email : ashfall888@gmail.com