Fringe Fiction discussion

Fringe Fiction General Chat > Ever Clean Your To-Reads?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 1398 comments Mod
So I'm not a big reader though I have found more of an appreciation for it given I now write and I like supporting my fellow indie authors. However I realize I'm one of those people who adds books where unless it sounds absolutely amazing and I must have it or I can realistically buy it, I add them just to add them then forgetting all about some of them. So sometimes I clean out my folder of books I have good reason to think I'll never get around to reading, if they were meant for me to read perhaps I shall come across them again but for the most part I add books but half the time it builds up to where I probably wont read half of them.

Does anyone else do this? Add books and books and eventually clean out their folder?

message 2: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) Sometimes, but rarely. If I haven't read a book on the to read list yet, number one reason is money. So I'll wait, until I have the money or can get the book from the library. If it weren't for that, I would hae thousands of books in my Read list, moved from To Read.

message 3: by Shari-amor (new)

Shari-amor | 1478 comments Rarely. I'll go through books whose content or subject that I find I'm no longer interested in.

message 4: by Virginia (new)

Virginia Rand | 532 comments Forget the to read list, I need to sort out the to read piles!

message 5: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Wells | 1890 comments Mod
I like to add books that pique my interest but do cull them after a couple months. Like fresh eyes and second opinions. Some I'm happy for :)

message 6: by Yzabel (new)

Yzabel Ginsberg (yzabelginsberg) | 176 comments Rarely, and when I do, I remove books I added 2 years ago, and am no longer interested in. But, like Lily, number one for books piling up on that list is money (or rather, the lackthereof), so in the end, most remain there.

message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary Catelli | 232 comments I cull.

I also have an "if I locate" shelf which gives me a place to file things I know I can't find in a local library and would be a trick to buy.

message 8: by Sara (new)

Sara Thompson (sdpogue) I often add books that sound like something I might read, especially when I don't have time to really look at it. I think I like to read more types of books than I really do. I know that sounds weird but sometimes when you read a synopsis of a book it sounds like something you would enjoy but when you get down to it, it's just not. For example, the book Gone Girl. It's a little mystery maybe some horror - when you read the description. So when I first heard of the book, I thought that would be something I would like but now that they are making the movie and I hear more about the plot, I find that it doesn't appeal to me at all. Sometimes it depends on mood as well.

message 9: by Justin (new)

I like that Mary, 'If I Locate', mine would be more of a 'If I Happen to Come Across' tho

message 10: by Chad (new)

Chad Lorion (goodreadscomcmichaellorion) I seldom clean out my to-read list. I always feel like I'll delete a book that I'll miss reading if I never read it. Believe me, I know how weird that sounds, but it's the truth.

message 11: by Mary (new)

Mary Catelli | 232 comments Also got a "future publish date" one, come to think of it. Keeps books three years off from fattening your to-read list, and gives you a place to check for "Is anything coming out this week?"

message 12: by Justin (new)

I'm not much of a folder name creator so it's usually just all in my to'reads folder but after a while I think ugh..I gotta clean this cause realistically when will I ever come across certains books.