Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Lesbian Crushes and Bulimia: A Diary on How I Acquired My Eating Disorder
This topic is about Lesbian Crushes and Bulimia
Book Cover Help > Please add new book cover edition

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Natasha Holme (natashaholme) | 16 comments Hi Librarians,

I have completely revamped my book cover to the one shown here:
www.amazon.com/Lesbian-Crushes-Bulimi...

Please could you make the necessary changes on Goodreads? Can you use the image from the Amazon website, or would you like me to email you one? And if so, what size?

Thanks very much,
Natasha

message 2: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments I have created an alternate cover edition with the new cover from Amazon here:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

To set it as the default edition, follow the instructions here:

https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...

Natasha Holme (natashaholme) | 16 comments Hi Z-squared,

Thanks so much :-) Couple of things, sorry ...

I have set the new edition as default. But the Goodreads home page, under the words 'Author Dashboard,' is still showing the old cover. Will this update?

On the new edition page (www.goodreads.com/book/show/22054437-...) it states that there are another three editions (there are only two) and is displaying the old book cover twice. The duplicate covers weren't there before. It looks like this might have happened accidentally while you were creating the new edition today? The correct one is www.goodreads.com/book/show/13636615-.... Could you remove the other one?

Thanks v.v.
Natasha

message 4: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Natasha (Diarist) wrote: "I have set the new edition as default. But the Goodreads home page, under the words 'Author Dashboard,' is still showing the old cover. Will this update?"

I think so...? Keep in mind, only you can see the author dashboard, and since I'm not an author, I have no idea what it looks like or how it behaves, sorry!

As to your second question, here are all the editions:

https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

They are all valid editions. Keep in mind that Goodreads treats kindle and ebook editions separately; the former get ASINs, and the latter get ISBNs. There are two editions with the grey cover because one is an ACE for the kindle edition and the other is from a Smashwords import (which has an ISBN attached).

Natasha Holme (natashaholme) | 16 comments Silly me. Thanks so much for all your help :-)

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44643 comments Mod
I am fairly certain the set-as-default option has no effect on the author dashboard. But as Z-squared says, the only person who sees that is the author themselves.

Natasha Holme (natashaholme) | 16 comments rivka wrote: "I am fairly certain the set-as-default option has no effect on the author dashboard. But as Z-squared says, the only person who sees that is the author themselves."

OK rivka, thanks, no worries :-)