What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Romance. Hero is mute by choice, he can talk. Couple meet on beach, he swims a lot. She's running from something. He works in a shed (fixing cars or building furniture?). Small U.S. town? Read 2013/14.

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jorja (last edited Jun 15, 2016 01:17AM) (new)

Jorja (jorjamaree) | 111 comments Romance novel
*Main male role is mute, he CAN talk, he just chooses not to (can't remember why)
*Female goes to beach to stay, (don't know if this is the same book, but I believe she plays a classical instrument)
*They encounter each other a couple of times on the beach
*He does a lot of swimming and when he exits the water, she is lying on the beach and this is when they first meet (i think)
*He works with his friend/brother I think she goes to their work so they can fix something (maybe her transport)
*Not long after first talking she makes him speak for the first time by ignoring him and walking away, causing him to speak

Note:
*Read it in the last 2 years so modern book
*I have checked all the deaf/mute/blind book lists but haven't been able to find it on there

message 2: by Nela (last edited Jun 06, 2016 03:52AM) (new)

Nela (nelikne) | 477 comments Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan? I didn't read it but I know there is a mute hero and it's close to the water...

Edit: But it's been on a lot of lists, so I guess this one is not it...

message 3: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2401 comments There is another post similar to yours. Maybe you can help each other.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37809 comments Mod
Jay, bump period is 30 days, unless you have new information to add. This is because the group is so vast.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33472 comments Mod
Just to let you know, new information includes commenting on whether the book suggestions above are incorrect (or correct) - and in what way, which can help us speed up the search.

message 6: by Jorja (new)

Jorja (jorjamaree) | 111 comments bumping

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Tabler | 25 comments Nela wrote: "Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan? I didn't read it but I know there is a mute hero and it's close to the water...

Edit: But it's been on a lot of lists, so I guess t..."

Its not Archrrs voice but it is an excellent book

message 8: by Joyce (new)

Joyce Ann | 161 comments Nela wrote: "Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan? I didn't read it but I know there is a mute hero and it's close to the water...

Edit: But it's been on a lot of lists, so I guess t..."

Archer's not mute by choice, though, read it! it's a pretty good book :)

message 9: by Jorja (new)

Jorja (jorjamaree) | 111 comments bumping, I really want to find this book

message 10: by Kris (new)

Jay, what's the tone - romantic, funny, angsty/lots of drama, steamy, sad, etc.? Does the backstory include abuse by family/etc.?

Can you tell us more about the heroine and hero - their ages, jobs, hobbies, family/friends, etc.?

message 11: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
The Art of Floating, maybe?

message 12: by Jorja (new)

Jorja (jorjamaree) | 111 comments I know he had a brother/best friends that were so shocked when he started talking again. It was a romantic, funny, not sure about sad.

He fixed cars maybe or built furniture that required a shed that he worked in. I have no clue why he stopped talking in the first place. I think his friends questions heroine about how she got him to talk.

I think Heroine was running from her past, or something bad and was using a shack/cabin to stay in until everything was solved. I believe she had a sister as well.

No it's not The Art of Floating thanks any way Andria

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

message 14: by Jorja (new)

Jorja (jorjamaree) | 111 comments bump, still haven't found it

message 15: by Jorja (new)

Jorja (jorjamaree) | 111 comments bump! really want to find this book :)

message 16: by Jorja (new)

Jorja (jorjamaree) | 111 comments bump :)

message 17: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Savory | 17 comments Ok so these books aren't the ones you are looking for however they have some similar story lines so I thought you might want to read them :)
Silence by Natasha Preston-
about a girl who is mute
If you find me by Emily murdoch -
about two girls who are found on the woods, one of them is mute
There's another book but I can't remember the name of it. Sorry it's not the book ur looking for

☯ DαякєηRнαℓ  ❛ ᶜʳᵒᵘᶜʰᶤᶰᵍ ʰᵘᵐᵃᶰ ; ʰᶤᵈᵈᵉᶰ ᵗᶤᵗᵃᶰ ❜   (darkhearteternal) | 851 comments
It is probably neither of these, but perhaps you'll enjoy them regardless.

The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah OcklerUntil Friday Night (The Field Party, #1) by Abbi Glines

message 19: by Jorja (new)

Jorja (jorjamaree) | 111 comments It not either of those, but thank you for trying!

☯ DαякєηRнαℓ  ❛ ᶜʳᵒᵘᶜʰᶤᶰᵍ ʰᵘᵐᵃᶰ ; ʰᶤᵈᵈᵉᶰ ᵗᶤᵗᵃᶰ ❜   (darkhearteternal) | 851 comments You're welcome. Sorry it wasn't it. I kind of figured it wouldn't be but since you seemed interested in a similar story I figured you might like these. Otherwise I cannot readily think of a book about a mute male. Usually the main's are female.

What else can you remember though? If any? Like, was the author male or female? This sounds like a contemporary romance? Any thought about the cover? Any little extra detail you can think of helps.

message 21: by Jorja (new)

Jorja (jorjamaree) | 111 comments anything else I can remember is he had a brother, and everyone was shocked that some random girl, he just met, managed to get him to speak. As they had been trying for years.

I think the girl was running from something, her past, family or ex or something.

I read this book maybe 2013/2014, so I have no clue about the author or the cover.

☯ DαякєηRнαℓ  ❛ ᶜʳᵒᵘᶜʰᶤᶰᵍ ʰᵘᵐᵃᶰ ; ʰᶤᵈᵈᵉᶰ ᵗᶤᵗᵃᶰ ❜   (darkhearteternal) | 851 comments Okay... Anything paranormal about it? Or was just a regular book with no fiction or anything?

message 23: by Jorja (new)

Jorja (jorjamaree) | 111 comments Nothing paranormal, just a regular romance book.

also : I believe that she got him to talk because he wanted to give her a ride home, but because he wasn't actually "asking" her, she refused, he got frustrated so he talk, so he could tell her to get in so he could give her a lift.

☯ DαякєηRнαℓ  ❛ ᶜʳᵒᵘᶜʰᶤᶰᵍ ʰᵘᵐᵃᶰ ; ʰᶤᵈᵈᵉᶰ ᵗᶤᵗᵃᶰ ❜   (darkhearteternal) | 851 comments Okay. None of this is ringing any bells with me, but you provided a lot of detail so hopefully someone else who sees this and who knows which book you're talking about can and will be able to readily identify it :)

message 26: by Jorja (new)

Jorja (jorjamaree) | 111 comments No that's not it, thank you anyway.

The MC's were adults, living on their own

message 27: by Jorja (new)

Jorja (jorjamaree) | 111 comments Bump

message 28: by Kris (last edited Jul 05, 2017 09:00AM) (new)

Jorja, about how old is the hero? How long has he not spoken (e.g., a few years, most of his life, since the age of X)? Once he speaks to the heroine, does he speak to everyone?

Location - U.S./country, region/east or west coast (you mention a beach), small town?

message 29: by Jorja (last edited Jul 05, 2017 05:42PM) (new)

Jorja (jorjamaree) | 111 comments I'd guess he's in his late 20's? I think he stopped talking for a few years because something happened that made him stop talking. He talks to everyone once he starts talking. I think it was set in the U.S in a small town.

message 30: by Jorja (new)

Jorja (jorjamaree) | 111 comments bump! ahh this is still haunting me

message 31: by Jorja (new)

Jorja (jorjamaree) | 111 comments bump :(

message 32: by Jorja (new)

Jorja (jorjamaree) | 111 comments bump. ahh, I'm going crazy! hahaha

message 33: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37809 comments Mod
Jorja, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 34: by Jorja (new)

Jorja (jorjamaree) | 111 comments still looking :(

message 35: by Anna (new)

Anna Lucy  Rae | 96 comments Sounds kind of like Tall, Tatted and Tempting by Tammy Falkner, but there are no scenes in the beach.
So, maybe?

message 36: by Jorja (new)

Jorja (jorjamaree) | 111 comments I’ve read that book and it’s not it. The H wasn’t deaf of anything, he was just mute. Thank you though

message 37: by Kris (new)

I added some plot details to the topic header/title, so your book might be recognized from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

Feel free to update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)