Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Michele Bardsley
This topic is about Michele Bardsley
Book Issues > incorrect books linked

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 9 comments Some time ago I purchased 2 books from Amazon through my Kindle device, but the books I bought and read are not the ones that show up when I use 'Add your Amazon books to Goodreads', or mark them (from my Kindle) as 'Currently Reading'.

The books I purchased were both by Michele Bardsley:
* Kidnapped by the Werewolf/Her Alpha Mate
* The Werewolf Billionaires.

The cover and title of the first book matches what I bought, and seems correct, but when you select the book and go to it the book you get is Captured by the Werewolf (which is the same story as Kidnapped by the Werewolf) but Her Alpha Mate is not included.

The book that shows instead of The Werewolf Billionaires, is Her Billionaire Alpha, which is the first of the two stories included in the book I bought, but which doesn't include Her Billionaire Beta.

I'm not sure where the error lies - the books are for the correct author and are at least partially correct since each includes one of the two stories found in each book.

Since there are many editions and variations of the various Pack Rules books I didn't want to mess with an already complicated situation and potentially make it worse.

message 2: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 19920 comments The ASIN has been re-used for different editions.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... had it's cover changed against policy. I've reverted that change.
Created a new edition that should match yours: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 3: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 19920 comments For the second book, the ASIN is also re-used.
I've added your edition here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

For both books, I've added a link to the new edition in the description of the edition that has the ASIN.

message 4: by Caroline (last edited Jun 07, 2016 03:16AM) (new)

Caroline | 9 comments Thank you for clearing up the problem for me. The books still don't show as me having read the correct book, but that's not a biggie, I'll just add them manually. The link on the first book does lead to Kidnapped by the Werewolf/Her Alpha Mate, the book I actually bought and read. The link on the second book, however, gives a Page Not Found error message rather than leading to the correct book.

Additionally, yesterday, I decided to buy the last few books in the series, and came across the boxed set of the entire Pack Rules series, which I purchased. It has the same problem:

I have The Pack Rules Boxed Set: The Complete Series of Wolf, Bear, and Dragon Shifter Romances. In the set are the following novels: The Werewolf's Bride, The Werewolf Bodyguard, Two Alphas and a Lady, Bear Witness, Honey Bear, Bear Winter, and The Dragon's Wife.

The set that shows on my Currently Reading, however, is The Pack Rules Boxed Set (with a different cover), but the novels included are: Shadow Pack Alpha, Her Alpha Lovers, Her Werewolf Bodyguard, Her Billionaire Alpha, Her Billionaire Beta, Captured by the Werewolf, and Bear Witness. Again, a different set of books probably for the same reason.

message 5: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 19920 comments Caroline wrote: "The link on the second book, however, gives a Page Not Found error message rather than leading to the correct book."

Sorry, there was an error in the link. I've corrected the link, it should point to the correct edition now.

message 6: by Arenda (last edited Jun 07, 2016 03:27AM) (new)

Arenda | 19920 comments Caroline wrote: "The books still don't show as me having read the correct book, but that's not a biggie, I'll just add them manually. "

As the contents of the "old" and "new" editions are not the same, they are not combined, and you have to go to the new edition and shelve that one.
This is the problem when an ASIN is re-used for books with different content.

message 7: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 19920 comments Created a new edition for the box set, matching the current Amazon listing: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...