Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Local Hangouts & Meet-Ups > East Bay/Oakland CA Meet-up?

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Oaks (magtacular) I know some times there's a meet up across the bay in SF, but I'm not sure whether they are still active and am interested in something closer to home. Any one else interested in, say:
The Oakland Ooooh-la-la's?

message 2: by Angie (new)

Angie (anchilada) | 17 comments I'm behind on my reading but would love to meet up!

message 3: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Oaks (magtacular) It's all good, I'm behind myself. We could meet next week for this month's book or wait until the next book :)

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin Walker (ewalkonby) | 7 comments I'm also behind on the books, but definitely interested. I've been unable to make it to the SF ones. Keep me posted on a meetup next month!

message 5: by Angie (new)

Angie (anchilada) | 17 comments I'm down for next month. Things are crazy right now so I don't think I could fit this month's book in in time for a meetup next week

message 6: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Oaks (magtacular) Sweet! Next month it is :) I'll scout out some locations and get back to you both with some times.

message 7: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Oaks (magtacular) I haven't caught up on the reading (Flesh is proving hard to find at libraries) but how would y'all feel about Peet's on College Ave for a meeting place?

message 8: by Angie (new)

Angie (anchilada) | 17 comments I literally just finished Flesh! I'm on Kindle and sadly lending isn't enabled :(

Peet's on College is okay, though parking is nearly nonexistent. I'm coming from Hayward so I'd either have my car or Rockridge BART + bus?

message 9: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Oaks (magtacular) Oh we can do way better than that. I'm usually on foot or on public transit but finding a cafe that's closer to you won't be too hard. I'll find something more centrally located and Kindle the book so we can be good to go for the first meet up :)

message 10: by Angie (new)

Angie (anchilada) | 17 comments Maybe just closer to bart?

Is anyone else interested in the East Bay meetup?

message 11: by Mounia (new)

Mounia | 2 comments I'm down for an east bay meet up as well! I'm not caught up on the reading either though

message 12: by MadJennyRead (new)

MadJennyRead I'm from out of town, visiting family in the east bay for the summer. I would love to join you!

message 13: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (leighcee) | 4 comments I'd be interested in an East Bay meetup. I've always thought a book club would be fun!

message 14: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Oaks (magtacular) I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to respond! I've been dealing with a leg injury and everything has gone on hold. Would you all like to meet virtually first just to get this meet up off the ground at long last?

message 15: by Angie (new)

Angie (anchilada) | 17 comments I'm totally down for an e-meet :D is that something you can set up?

Hope you're feeling better!

message 16: by Erin (new)

Erin Walker (ewalkonby) | 7 comments Me too! I'm still behind on the books, but I will check the latest one out. Arbor Cafe is another good East Bay spot, very close to MacArthur BART with space.

message 17: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Oaks (magtacular) I'm feeling much better and will get to sorting out details for an e-meet :D Any preferences for date and time?

message 18: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Oaks (magtacular) Erin, thank you so much for scouting a location for us! Let's talk about it more when we do the e-meet

message 19: by Angie (new)

Angie (anchilada) | 17 comments Better question: is anyone caught up with reading? I downloaded In the Black but haven't started it yet haha

The main discussion is Tuesday so... Sat or Sun? I'm pretty much open

message 20: by Erin (new)

Erin Walker (ewalkonby) | 7 comments I just downloaded In the Black too, hopefully will start reading tonight!

message 21: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Oaks (magtacular) Good point Angie. I've just finished the first chapter of In the Black, so I think we're all in a similar place. Should we hold off on meeting until we've all finished? If so, I'm thinking Tuesday evening might be best - but I'm also fine with being the one person who hasn't finished the book :)

message 22: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Oaks (magtacular) I just figured out that Tues is the VF hang out. Sunday or Monday then? Of we're behind on the reading we could also do Wed, I'm unexpectedly about half way through the book.

message 23: by Angie (new)

Angie (anchilada) | 17 comments I just started and I'm a fast reader. Any day is good for me!

Do we have any other joiners??

message 24: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Oaks (magtacular) I thought Erin was down too? How about Monday or Wednesday around 4pm?

message 25: by Erin (new)

Erin Walker (ewalkonby) | 7 comments I've got work stuff almost everynight this week. Weds I could probably make it around 7pm. If I miss this one, I will try to catch the next one. :)

message 26: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Oaks (magtacular) okay, how about Wed at 7:30pm?

message 27: by Angie (new)

Angie (anchilada) | 17 comments 7:30 sounds good to me, I'm home by 5-ish.

message 28: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Oaks (magtacular) Okay Wednesday at 7:30 pm it is! I'll send out info on how to access the hang out tomorrow

message 29: by Erin (new)

Erin Walker (ewalkonby) | 7 comments Sounds good! I'm a few chapters in, will keep reading.

message 31: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Oaks (magtacular) If the link isn't working, let me know I'm at chemtacularly at gmail

message 32: by Erin (new)

Erin Walker (ewalkonby) | 7 comments Ack, thought I would be done at a reasonable time but meeting just ended and I have to clean up :(. Won't be home for awhile. I' love to try to meet up next week or week after at a cafe to chat about this book and start the next one if anyone is interested. Will try to plan better for the next one!

message 33: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Oaks (magtacular) Erin wrote: "Ack, thought I would be done at a reasonable time but meeting just ended and I have to clean up :(. Won't be home for awhile. I' love to try to meet up next week or week after at a cafe to chat abo..."

It's all good - I'm the only one around. We can try again next month and either discuss this book or the next one. I'm not a big fan of Regency, but I'll check it out :)

message 34: by Briana (new)

Briana (poeticnerd1990) | 6 comments I live across the bay in Millbrae, but I would love to be a part of the group. Awesome name by the way.

message 35: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Oaks (magtacular) Welcome to the group! We haven't officially met yet but scheduling is always the hardest part with these things :)

message 36: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle (fortifiedbybooks) Is anyone still interested in meeting up in East Bay/Oakland? I just moved to Emeryville from Austin, TX.

message 37: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Oaks (magtacular) I haven't picked up the book for this month - would you be interested in meeting after May? Also, welcome to the East Bay!