What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Twin girls in a farm family

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Direwolf (new)

Direwolf GoT (direwolfgot) | 2 comments A book I've read a very long time ago about twin girls living in a farm.

I remember 1 chapter where there was a drought. The twins' family believed that if their cat scratched its ears would bring rain so they kept waiting and hoping their cat to do so. At the end the cat was scratching too often and almost cause flood.

When I searched I only found the Home Farm Twins which from the description is probably not the same thing.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38146 comments Mod
What year did you read it? Author male or female? Series or standalone? What country was it set in - and what time period? Chapter book? Was it illustrated?

message 3: by Direwolf (new)

Direwolf GoT (direwolfgot) | 2 comments I'm sorry I was so young and wasn't aware of a lot of details. It must have been at least 25 years ago. I found the book in my school library.

The one I read was translated into Thai. Red hard cover with an illustration of 2 blonde girls with ribbons.

message 4: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments Could it be a book by Lucy Fitch Perkins? She had a whole series about twins who live in various countries. I believe they were translated into numerous languages.

message 5: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Long shot, but The Wonderful Farm was translated into Thai (Thīnī mī tǣ rak) and is about two little girls living on a farm.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38146 comments Mod
Direwolf, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Wonderful Farm (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lucy Fitch Perkins (other topics)