Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
This topic is about The Lightning Thief
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1) by Rick Riordan → Start Date: July 25, 2014

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Join Miodrag and I as we read this book! :)

Suzy Kennedy | 419 comments I'm in. this books been on my list for a while

Amanda (amandamarieeee) @Suzy Well glad you can join us! :)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 214 comments Oh my gosh, enjoy!! I LOVE this book and the whole series :)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) @David I'm glad I hope I also enjoy it. I bought the movie but won't watch it till I read the book so I need to read it sooner then later. :)

message 6: by eden5 (new) - added it

eden5 (readalldaynight) | 25 comments can I join? :) I really want to read this seris!!

message 7: by Miodrag ★❥ (last edited May 09, 2014 03:43AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments @Suzy I'm glad you can join us! :D Can't wait for June 6th!

Of course you can @eden5, everyone can join! :)

Amanda wrote: "@David I'm glad I hope I also enjoy it. I bought the movie but won't watch it till I read the book so I need to read it sooner then later. :)"

OMG I strongly suggest you DO NOT watch movie before reading this book, I done that and it wasn't good, and lately I try not to watch movies that are based on the books that I'm planning to read [first book, then movie - my new rule], but both movies were good. I don't know when is the third movie coming out, next year or so?

Anyway, I can't wait to read this whole series! :P
Until then, I'm busy with Mortal Instruments and [soon to start with] Fallen. :D

Jordi Van de Vondel (darkwizza) | 278 comments i really like the serie to i'm at book 4 and i like the books so mutch better than the movie

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments jordi wrote: "i really like the serie to i'm at book 4 and i like the books so mutch better than the movie"

I read just first book and will read it again, and I agree, at least for me first book was really so much better than first movie! Movie deleted some really interesting moments, some action scenes and so much more that I liked and I hate that! Because I watched movie before the book, I really liked it, but after reading book, not so much anymore, but it was an ok movie.

Amanda (amandamarieeee) @eden5 Of course you can join us. :)

@Miodrag Don't worry I never watch movies before reading the book unless I didn't know it was a book at first. I own 3 movies but can't watch them yet since I haven't read there books.

message 11: by eden5 (new) - added it

eden5 (readalldaynight) | 25 comments @Amanda Yay!! =]

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments I'm so sorry guys :( I just want to let you know that I can't start with this book this weekend, not feeling good lately and then I'm planning to do a read-a-thon, and I'm in so much stress lately, I really should slow down with everything. I hope we can push it for another date, if that's ok with you guys? I really wanted to read this series! :/ I am still not sure when we should do this, but it should be next month.

Angie Bloom (scodeiras) I want to join!!

Amanda (amandamarieeee) @Miodrag I'm totally okay with pushing it back till next month if you want, I'm super busy right now and haven't been home like at all. When would you like to do it next month? :)

@Angie Of course you can join, but we might be changing the date so if you want to read it then that works. :)

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments Amanda wrote: "@Miodrag I'm totally okay with pushing it back till next month if you want, I'm super busy right now and haven't been home like at all. When would you like to do it next month? :)"

I will let you know when we are going to start with this soon, still need to see when I'll be free, I guess somewhere at the end of this month I should have a date, hope that's ok.

Amanda (amandamarieeee) That's perfectly fine just let me know when you wanted to read it and then I can change the date. I'm free at the end of July so whenever is good with you works for me just let me know before the 6th so I can change it. :)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) So what day did you want to switch this to, since it's in progress right now and we haven't started it?

Georgie Chiu (iamgeorgie) | 14 comments LOVE IT!!! hope you like it too;)

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments Amanda wrote: "So what day did you want to switch this to, since it's in progress right now and we haven't started it?"

It will start somewhere between 25-31 July. Is that ok? I really don't know the exact day, because I don't want to plan it that ahead, I will tell you the exact day a week earlier before it starts! And it's still in to-read,not yer in progress...

Amanda (amandamarieeee) That works for me, I will just put July 28th for now and if we decide to change the date I can change it then. Since that's in between the dates you chose. Hope that works for you! :) Well I changed it back to, to-read instead of in progress so it didn't get taken off, and I put TBD since we didn't decide on a date.

Amanda (amandamarieeee) So have you decided when we wanted to read this book?

message 22: by Miodrag ★❥ (last edited Jul 11, 2014 08:34AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments Amanda wrote: "So have you decided when we wanted to read this book?"

Ok, I got a date (finally XD), we are starting on 25th! I hope that's ok with you and everyone who wants to join.

Amanda (amandamarieeee) I have a buddy reads on that day but that's okay I can start both that day. Since I don't have much room any other day lol. So that day will work for me, I will switch the date right now.

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Is there any way wanted to read this book?

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments Amanda wrote: "Is there any way wanted to read this book?"

What do you mean, Amanda? are we still in for whole series, every week 1 book?
I will start with first book later today. :)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Like do we want to read a certain amount of pages a day or just kinda whatever we want? I'm still in to read the whole series if you are, every week one book is fine with me. I will be starting later today also.

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments Amanda wrote: "Like do we want to read a certain amount of pages a day or just kinda whatever we want? I'm still in to read the whole series if you are, every week one book is fine with me. I will be starting lat..."

I think latter is better, whatever we want. Is that ok with you? Because I'm also reading some other books and I really don't know if I'll get time to read certain amount of pages each day. :)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) That's perfectly fine with me, I'm also reading other books at the moment as well so don't worry. We can decide on when we start the next book once we both get closer to finishing this book if you want to do that? :)

message 29: by Miodrag ★❥ (last edited Jul 25, 2014 03:21AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments Amanda wrote: "That's perfectly fine with me, I'm also reading other books at the moment as well so don't worry. We can decide on when we start the next book once we both get closer to finishing this book if you ..."

That's ok with me. :) Just finished with one other book. Lunch time and then going to start with Percy Jackson first book (re-reading). Also planning today to start with Four: A Divergent story collection. :) It's nice that weekend is starting, I'll have more time for books. :D

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Okay sounds good I'm laying in bed just reading on my kindle before I go to sleep since it's 4am right now. But once I wake up I plan to read a part of the book. I'm trying to complete my other books so I'm not reading way to many at once.

message 31: by Miodrag ★❥ (last edited Jul 25, 2014 04:42AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments Amanda wrote: "Okay sounds good I'm laying in bed just reading on my kindle before I go to sleep since it's 4am right now. But once I wake up I plan to read a part of the book. I'm trying to complete my other boo..."

Good night! (sweet dreams) :)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Thanks well now I'm awake but just got on here, I plan on starting it in a few. Trying to get rid of my headache first.

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Hey sorry I've been cleaning all day long so I actually haven't started the book yet but will probably start it tomorrow. Trying to finish two other books right now that are past 50% done.

message 34: by Miodrag ★❥ (last edited Jul 27, 2014 12:16AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments Amanda wrote: "Hey sorry I've been cleaning all day long so I actually haven't started the book yet but will probably start it tomorrow. Trying to finish two other books right now that are past 50% done."

It's totally ok Amanda, I haven't read 1 page yesterday, started book on Friday and read 3-4 chapters and yesterday just wasn't day for it... also read some other books, will get back to it today. No hurry, there is still time till next weekend. Even if we don't finish till then, we can extend time for first book. :D

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Okay I will start it when I wake up, I want to read some of my other two books tonight to get those closer to being done so I'm not reading so many books at once, I want to read 1 or 2 books at a time. Well I've split it up for me I want to try to read at least 5 chapters a day and that will make me finish it in 4 days but not everyday I will read all of those chapters but I will try.

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Okay am going to finish the second book that I'm almost done with then I will start this book today. Sorry for being a little late on reading it. I just need to stop reading more then 2 books at once it gets a bit confusing and a little hard to keep up with all of them.

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Okay for sure I'm going to start this book tomorrow. I have 2 chapters left in my current book then I will be free to only read this book tomorrow. Took me a little to catch up but I have on not reading so many books at once.

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments Amanda wrote: "Okay for sure I'm going to start this book tomorrow. I have 2 chapters left in my current book then I will be free to only read this book tomorrow. Took me a little to catch up but I have on not re..."

Ok ^_^

Amanda (amandamarieeee) How far are you into the book?

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments Amanda wrote: "How far are you into the book?"

Finished with Chapter 14. Planning to read a little today and finish it tomorrow. Also, reading one other book. :)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Okay so I have a lot of catching up to do lol. I will try to read as much as I can tomorrow well later today whenever I wake up since it will be the only book I will be reading.

message 42: by Miodrag ★❥ (last edited Jul 30, 2014 02:56AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments Amanda wrote: "Okay so I have a lot of catching up to do lol. I will try to read as much as I can tomorrow well later today whenever I wake up since it will be the only book I will be reading."

I will finish it tomorrow, but I will wait for you, don't worry. No hurry here, we don't need to start with second book this Friday! ...we can move start date for second book couple of days ;)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Okay I plan to at least get halfway done tomorrow and maybe finish but I don't want to get ahead of myself lol. We can always start the second book on Friday I will just make sure I have the book done by then. :) Also should we make the thread for the second book now, and who wants to make it?

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments Amanda wrote: "Okay I plan to at least get halfway done tomorrow and maybe finish but I don't want to get ahead of myself lol. We can always start the second book on Friday I will just make sure I have the book d..."

I can make it now, if that's ok with you? ;)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Yes that is perfectly fine if you make it now. :)

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments Amanda wrote: "Yes that is perfectly fine if you make it now. :)"

Thread for second book: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... :D

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Thanks for making this thread. So I will read at least half of this book later today and finish it tomorrow. :)

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments Amanda wrote: "Thanks for making this thread. So I will read at least half of this book later today and finish it tomorrow. :)"

Then we both will finish it tomorrow and start with The Sea of Monsters on Friday! :D *excited for second book* :D

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Yes I'm really hoping I do since it's not that long of a book and seems like a quicker read. Plus it will be the only book I'm reading so it will be easier for me to just focus on one book at a time. :) But it's almost 5 am which I didn't notice till just now so I'm going to go to sleep and start reading whenever I wake up.

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments Amanda wrote: "Yes I'm really hoping I do since it's not that long of a book and seems like a quicker read. Plus it will be the only book I'm reading so it will be easier for me to just focus on one book at a tim..."

It's late there, go to sleep :P Night <3

« previous 1