Read with Tessa discussion

Past Reads > Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tessa (last edited Jun 05, 2016 01:37PM) (new)

Tessa (tessamoui) | 60 comments Mod
Earlier today I hinted on Instagram (@mouireads) that I was thinking about adding a second book to our June reads. A couple of you thought it was a great idea for those who either have read A Court of Mist of Fury already, or for the faster readers. So Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton is our second June BOTM and I'm so excited! I've heard amazing things about this book, and I can't wait to get started. Who else is excited? Comment below if you'll be reading this instead or A Court of Mist and Fury, or if you'll be reading both ♡

For those who've read it, what did you think of the book? Favourite/least favourite part? Favourite/least favourite characters?

message 2: by Azbaqiyah (new)

Azbaqiyah Rebel of the Sands is the main reason why I started to fall in loved with arabic theme books!

My fave character will be the hero of course ;-)

Enjoy reading everybody! ♥♥♥

message 3: by Rai (new)

Rai (raireads) | 30 comments I haven't even started ACOMAF yet but if I finish it quickly and can get my hands on a copy of this I'll definitely be reading it too!

message 4: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (mrsreadsbooks) Same here I just started ACOMAF but if I have time I will also try to read this one as well.

message 5: by mimish100 (new)

mimish100 | 11 comments I will try to read both books... My exams end next week so hopefully I'll be able to start reading again :3

message 6: by Sage (new)

Sage Knightly (sageknightly_) | 19 comments I don't have the book :/ I'd read it if I did!:)

message 7: by Rai (new)

Rai (raireads) | 30 comments I'm the same! I can't find it anywhere and if I bought it online It'd be July before it got here, haha. Oh well! :D

message 8: by Tessa (last edited Jun 14, 2016 03:05PM) (new)

Rai , Sage - Heey! If you're struggling to get your hands on the book in time, I can send you both eBook copies of it if you wanted ♡

message 9: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (mrsreadsbooks) Day I had the same problem, for some reason my local
library doesn't have it! I didn't think it was that new?

message 10: by Tessa (new)

Shannon - It's so odd, it came out in March so it is relatively new i guess. Would you like me to send you the eBook?

If anyone else would like a digital copy of Rebel of the Sands just let me know ♡

message 11: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (mrsreadsbooks) Yeah I thought so too. I do live in a relatively small town so maybe that's part of the problem, but usually they get at lest the digital version pretty quickly. They have "The Last Star" and that just came out haha. Who knows. Yeah that would be great. If you need to send it my email address is Mrsreadsbooks@gmail.com.

message 12: by Parnavi (new)

Parnavi | 2 comments Tessa wrote: "Rai , Sage - Heey! If you're struggling to get your hands on the book in time, I can send you both eBook copies of it if you wanted ♡"

hey tessa, i'm a new member first of all. And these books seem interesting. can u send me the ebook? my email id is - pari.pandit.pp@gmail.com
thank you so much :*

message 13: by Tessa (last edited Jun 16, 2016 11:21AM) (new)

Parnavi - Of course! I just sent it to you ♡

message 14: by Tessa (last edited Jun 19, 2016 02:23PM) (new)

Hey everyone! - (Minor spoilers alert, up to Chapter 17)

I thought I would give an update on how I'm finding the book so far. So I'm just over half way through and I'm not too sure what to make of it. I'm definitely enjoying it, I haven't read anything like it before which is very refreshing, but I think it's going to be one of those reads where the last half of the book is going to have a lot of the action and exciting stuff. Don't get me wrong, the first half has some exciting scenes but I feel like it's definitely building up to something.
Random thoughts: Is it me or does Amani leave people behind A LOT? Like I was not expecting her to leave Tamid behind; and Jin is definitely going to be the rebel prince, right? If he isn't I will be extremely shocked. Also, something is going to happen with Noorsham for sure, he can't just be left behind in that prison. And what do you think she's going to do, go with Jin or leave him behind also?

How are you finding the book? What are your thoughts so far? ♡

message 15: by Rai (new)

Rai (raireads) | 30 comments I'm really enjoying this book; the world building is fantastic! I completely agree with you too Tessa, it does feel like most of the action is going to be in the 2nd half. I'm on chapter 18 now and I can't wait to see where it goes.

message 16: by mimish100 (new)

mimish100 | 11 comments Tessa wrote: "Shannon - It's so odd, it came out in March so it is relatively new i guess. Would you like me to send you the eBook?

If anyone else would like a digital copy of Rebel of the Sands just let me kn..."

Would you mind sending it to me?

message 17: by Sage (new)

Sage Knightly (sageknightly_) | 19 comments This book was so good! I loved every minute of it<3

message 18: by Tessa (new)

Fictionalpenguins - Of course! To what email shall I send it to? ♡

message 19: by Rai (new)

Rai (raireads) | 30 comments I loved 'Rebel of the Sands' a lot more than I expected to! It's was obviously an introductory novel to a series but Hamiltons world - building was beautiful.

message 20: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (mrsreadsbooks) I still have to finish it!

message 21: by mimish100 (new)

mimish100 | 11 comments It would be great if you sent it to Maria.shlyak@gmail.com
Thanks!