What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Girl falls for guy her father knew, guy is having affair with her mother and father murders him [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily Rose (officerlamby) | 2 comments I think it was young adult, drama/thriller or something, I'm not sure.

It started out like this: In the opening of the book there was this girl and her friend, and they were making fun or teasing this Jewish girl.

So after that, not directly after that, haha, this girl and her parents went on a vaction to some resort, or something, in the off-season. This guy showed up and her father knows him, but he doesn't seem happy to see him. So the daughter falls in love with the guy who seems interested in her but actually is having an affair with her mother.

So the girl figures this out I think, and some things happen, yada yada, and the parents decide to take this guy on a little boating 'trip' but its about to storm and the daughter gets a bad feeling. She wants to go with them or tries to stop them but they reject her and there is a bad storm. Her parents and the guy are MIA for awhile, but then they reunite and the guy is gone. The book implies that the parents, mostly the father, killed him. There is some other court stuff I think, and the daughter wises up but doesn't rat on her parents.

It turns out that the father knew the guy because I think, they stole valuables or cheated money or something along those lines, from people, or things taken from victims, in WW2.

At the end of the book, they return home, she acts very different to her parents, she is more mature and less naive. She dumps her original friend and becomes friends with the Jewish girl.

Phew, I hope someone knows what I am talking about. Thanks.

message 2: by Joyce (new)

Joyce (goodreadscomjoycearlene) | 5 comments I don't know what it is but I want to read it!

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy Diaz | 224 comments Me too!!!

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily Rose (officerlamby) | 2 comments Hey my mom remembered what it was but thanks guys! It is called 'What I saw and How I Lied'.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32253 comments Mod
Glad you found your book. Here's the link - What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

What I Saw and How I Lied (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Judy Blundell (other topics)