RP: Dragons of Arenia discussion

General > Staff application

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allucinora, Your super complicated, expects high quality work, head mod (last edited Jul 22, 2016 12:35AM) (new)

Allucinora | 47 comments Mod
Template

How long have you been as a member in this group?

How would you help this group?

Two people are powerplaying. (Powerplaying: One hit kill, not dying, avoiding every attack) What do you do?

What is your activeness level? (1 to 10, 1 being none 10 being a lot)

One person has a too powerful dragon application. What do you do?

Becoming a mod in this group is hard! Unlike other groups, where you can easy-peasy become a mod, in this group write a paragraph on each question. Finish should look like an essay.

Notice: APPROVED GODS AND GODDESSES AUTOMATICALLY BECOME MODS

Wafflez ~In my world, there is only night and the harshness of day. The darkness stirs and awakens imaginations.~ (wisebooklover) repost XD even tho im already a mod

How long have you been as a member in this group?
I have joined this group a long time ago. The group was still new, then, and the mod application wasn't that hard. So, I've been in this group for quite some time.

It has come to my notice that many people are not being active. I've sent out 15 invites, trying to fix that. Sometimes, people might break the rules (hopefully not). I will enforce the rules and punish accordingly, while always obeying the head mod. I have some experience with approving applications and pointing out flaws, so I could do that also. Mostly, I will make this group happy with jokes occasionally.

Two people are powerplaying. (Powerplaying: One hit kill, not dying, avoiding every attack) What do you do?
Powerplaying should be strictly treated against. I will first give them a warning, and if they continue I will reportthen to the head mod and discuss with the other mods what to do. After discussion, I will tell them the mods' final decision. If they don't listen, any other powerplaying posts further posted will be deleted. I believe the powerplayers should not be kicked from the group unless seen powerplaying three times in a row.

Can't write a paragraph on this, XD. 10 of there's something to do, 7 at other times.

Powerful dragon applications are common. I will first tell the person where they are lacking, either in weaknesses, description, or something else. After that, if the person still needs help I will coach them how to make their application better. If they do not listen to me, I ill report to head mod and not approve the application. If another mod approves, it is up to the head mod to decide wether it js actually approved or not.

message 3: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, The Powerful God(dess) of Time (last edited Jul 29, 2016 08:00PM) (new)

Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~ (12kendrag) | 158 comments Mod
How long have you been as a member in this group?: I just joined, but have already gotten a feel for the way it works. I have to tell you: It takes a lot for me to join a group. So, congrats. ;)

How would you help this group?: I know mods aren't always available for moderating in the group, and since I'm younger, I have more time on my hands. I realize that my age could also potentially be a disadvantage, because I may not be as mature or not have as much experience, but I have actually moderated quite a lot, and I am not immature about handling things (I am a Libra & that might tell you something). I know to respect the boundaries, and I learn quickly. In addition, I love the group. I love the idea and how much it's been developed, and I really want to assist in making it shine. I'm also very organized and get on top of things right away.

Two people are powerplaying. (Powerplaying: One hit kill, not dying, avoiding every attack) What do you do?: I would calmly and politely tell them that it is not fair and generally against the rules as things are not to be perfect. I would tell them that was their first warning, and that if they continued they were not allowed to post for two days. If, for some reason, they posted before two days were up, they would be banned. But if they posted after two days yet still power-played, I would bring it to the other mods' attention.

What is your activeness level? (1 to 10, 1 being none 10 being a lot): Ah, to one of my more recent specialties. Let's be honest here: I'm very active. Sometimes I'll be offline for an entire day or two, but that's because I have a LIFE. Anyway, I'm about 9.5. :)

One person has a too powerful dragon application. What do you do? I'd explain to them that it was too powerful/perfect, and that it was against the rules, and to please make it more normal. If they insist on being stubborn I'd bring it to another mod, or the head mod's attention for more support.

I completely understand if I'm not accepted; I know there are already a fair amount of mods.
Thanks,
Kendra :)

message 4: by Allucinora, Your super complicated, expects high quality work, head mod (new)

Allucinora | 47 comments Mod
I will accept any young people as long as they respect the rules, and learn quickly. Kendra G, you are accepted.

Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~ (12kendrag) | 158 comments Mod
Thanks! I'll do my best. :)

But I am on my phone right now, so doing lots of stuff might come later.

♥ Emily ♥   (emily_turtle) | 58 comments How long have you been as a member in this group?
Almost two weeks :P
I'm on a ton, so I'd be able to help even when other mods can't. I would be able to help approve characters and handle situations like the ones the other questions ask about. I'd remind people to be as active as possible and have already invited all my friends :P. I can help set up new locations and such when it's needed, and I'm always coming up with new ideas. :P
First, I give them a warning, but if they continue, I would follow the rule that says no posting for two days and tell the other mods so they can help prevent them from breaking that. If they continue posting during those 2 days, or continue powerplaying
after them, I will make sure the head mod (Allu) knows so she can handle it.
Since it's summer right now, 10, but when school starts maybe around 8.
Well, if Allucinora happens to be on, I'd show her the application (if anymore gods were open) and let her decide, but otherwise, I give them some advise on what should be fixed so they can have their dragon approved and go RP with them :).