Aussie Readers discussion

Archives > What Kind Of Writer Are You?

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elias (last edited Jun 05, 2016 06:06AM) (new)

Elias Zanbaka | 862 comments Take the test and see what kind of writer you are!

http://www.playbuzz.com/brendan10/wha...

I got "E.L. James...

...You are… E.L. James, author of the bestselling erotic romance Fifty Shades of Grey.
You write because you can – and because you’re good at it. You’re not shy about telling others about your work, or letting them read it, because you plan on having an audience of millions, in the very near future. You’re not trying to change the world with your writing, but you are trying to change your world – ideally by becoming the author of a runaway bestseller."

...Interesting.

message 2: by Paget (new)

Paget | 101 comments I got J.K. Rowling

That is awesome. Who doesn't want to be J.K. Rowling ...

You work at your writing the way other people work at puzzles: putting together one piece of it at a time, as often as you can, between real life commitments. You know that one day all this hard work will pay off and you’re confident that you will be a success story and that the world will finally get to see the words you have been adding to your book, day by day.

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments I got Paulo Coelho. Not sure if I am happy with that or not.

You write because you feel a deeper calling to the work, and because you want to explore the soul element of life. You’re not shy of adding a moral to the story and most want to reach readers who will understand your unique view on life. Writing is more than just putting words on paper for you – it’s a written prayer.

message 4: by Ryan (new)

Ryan I got Jim Theis.

message 5: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 8068 comments JK Rowling, well I had to fudge lots of the choices....

Jülie ☼♄  | 6262 comments Norman Maclean....lol, a late bloomer! My best is yet to come folks! Watch this space ;)

message 7: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 1585 comments I also got Norman McLean, which is only fair as I am the Queen of Procrastination.

Norman Maclean, author of A River Runs Through It, published for the first time at the grand age of 73 years old.
You love the idea of being a writer and you’re really great at gathering ideas, making notes and talking about your vision (which really is worth talking – and writing! – about). The actual writing of your book is a little trickier. You may have been called, at one stage or another, something of a procrastinator.

Jülie ☼♄  | 6262 comments Andrea wrote: "I also got Norman McLean, which is only fair as I am the Queen of Procrastination.

Norman Maclean, author of A River Runs Through It, published for the first time at the grand age of 73 years old...."

Haha, Andrea...never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after I always say! ;)

message 9: by Elias (new)

Elias Zanbaka | 862 comments You can call it procrastination but I like to call it taking the time to let your story simmer and cook until it's just right!

Jülie ☼♄  | 6262 comments Elias wrote: "You can call it procrastination but I like to call it taking the time to let your story simmer and cook until it's just right!"

Sounds good to me Elias ;)

message 11: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 1585 comments Rationalising procrastination is the ultimate form of procrastination! I'm impressed.

message 12: by Jülie ☼♄  (last edited Jun 05, 2016 07:37PM) (new)

Jülie ☼♄  | 6262 comments Lol!! It's not a subject to be rushed :))

message 13: by Elias (new)

Elias Zanbaka | 862 comments Procrastination is still a skill and like any other skill, it takes time and practice to perfect!

message 14: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 3117 comments Am thinking this may not be too accurate.... :-P

'You are… Norman Maclean, author of A River Runs Through It, published for the first time at the grand age of 73 years old.
You love the idea of being a writer and you’re really great at gathering ideas, making notes and talking about your vision (which really is worth talking – and writing! – about). The actual writing of your book is a little trickier. You may have been called, at one stage or another, something of a procrastinator.'

message 15: by Elias (last edited Jun 06, 2016 01:47AM) (new)

Elias Zanbaka | 862 comments You never know. That result is definitely a lot better than mine. I'm supposed to be a kinky author according to this quiz. I'm not quite sure how to feel about it.

Angie~ Faery of Weirdness (angiegoddessofweirdness) | 3 comments Lol... the only part that's right about this is that I'm commonly called a procrastinator..... haha- oh wells....

"...You are… Norman Maclean, author of A River Runs Through It, published for the first time at the grand age of 73 years old.
You love the idea of being a writer and you’re really great at gathering ideas, making notes and talking about your vision (which really is worth talking – and writing! – about). The actual writing of your book is a little trickier. You may have been called, at one stage or another, something of a procrastinator..."

message 17: by Elias (new)

Elias Zanbaka | 862 comments We sure have a lot of Norman Maclean's here!

message 18: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 3117 comments Elias wrote: "You never know. That result is definitely a lot better than mine. I'm supposed to be a kinky author according to this quiz. I'm not quite sure how to feel about it."

Am just about to have my third book published ;-P

Good luck with the kinky author thing, though -although I believe the author in question may well have raked in a pile of money!

message 19: by Elias (new)

Elias Zanbaka | 862 comments haha, thanks! And congratulations! It's definitely rewarding when you get to that stage!

message 20: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 68779 comments Mod
It's no good for someone who's not writing or written! I exited out of it after about two questions, thinking it was a load of......

message 21: by Elias (new)

Elias Zanbaka | 862 comments I write and I was thinking the same as well.

message 22: by Laura (new)

Laura | 4298 comments i got Paulo Coelho....uhm...i dunno who he is...Is that bad?

message 23: by Elias (last edited Jun 06, 2016 04:12AM) (new)

Elias Zanbaka | 862 comments Only if you make it out to be or if you're surrounded by the literati. Like any other author he's got his devoted fans and his haters and everything in between. His most well-known work, The Alchemist seems to be polarising. I've heard of it inspiring people and changing their lives and I've also heard of people calling it one of the most poorly written books.

message 24: by Laura (new)

Laura | 4298 comments Ahhhh..ok...yeah...not sure I'll be bothering with that book. Have you read it before?

message 25: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 68779 comments Mod
I read it and disliked it intensely Laura! As did my son and a couple of other people I know :)

message 26: by Elias (last edited Jun 07, 2016 05:26AM) (new)

Elias Zanbaka | 862 comments No, I haven't read it but it doesn't sound like something I'd be rushing to read anytime soon...unless there's at least one explosion in there somewhere. When I first heard about it, I thought it was some fun fantasy adventure-type story with magic...I think I might've been a little off there based on what others are saying about it.

message 27: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 239 comments Elias wrote: "Take the test and see what kind of writer you are!

http://www.playbuzz.com/brendan10/wha...

I got "E.L. James...

...You are… E.L. James, author of the bestselling ero..."

Thanks for this link! I'm not saying any more until I've researched the author!

message 28: by Elias (last edited Jun 08, 2016 01:21AM) (new)

Elias Zanbaka | 862 comments No problem! I'm assuming this author enjoys keeping his readers in suspense.