Reader's Paradise discussion

Water's Blood (The Elemental Clans #1)
This topic is about Water's Blood
Monthly BR Challenge! > Tammie & Tadalisika & Jason read "Water's Blood"

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jason Hubbard | 29 comments Okay! Just finished the first few chapters, and man does the author get straight to the point. Brooke is an Elemental who is charged by the Universe (aka God) to fight and keep in check the Fallen Angels, who prey on sinful humans. But right away there's a kind of race against time in which Brooke tries to prevent her 15-year-old daughter from doing something she really shouldn't be doing.

I mean, there's no easing into the scenario at all, which is understandable since, let's face it, the premise isn't entirely original. There are a buttload of paranormal suspense novels like this, so the author can safely assume that many of her readers have read many of them and are used to them. Hence she can go straight to the point: Brooke has a daughter that she wasn't allowed to have, and crap's about to hit the fan!!!

Going straight into suspense may be just what I need now, since "Everblue," a YA paranormal romance, was very concerned about setting up the romance. And ESPECIALLY since I read the downright lousy "Demon Hunter Saga," which was overly simple and not very thrilling despite a clear effort by the author. I also like the setting of New Orleans, a rather unique city that makes me wonder if I should visit, and how the four heroes seem to be ... The X-Men. Or something like them.

Also, Brad Pitt is in this book? And yet the story doesn't devolve into a Fifty-Shades-esque fan fic? I feel cheated.

message 2: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett I am done with my book already and i loved how the story started and ended

Jason Hubbard | 29 comments (view spoiler)

message 6: by Jason (last edited Jun 11, 2016 02:57AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

message 9: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett I love it to its some parts i didn,t like but it ok