Buggytown Book Club discussion

Is this book club still active?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gina (new)

Gina | 4 comments Hi!
I was looking for a book club close to where I live and found you! But, I don't see any information here about current meetings or books that you're reading. Just wondering if the club/group is active.

Thanks!
Gina

message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Carter (kellycarter) | 3 comments Mod
Gina, We'd be glad for you to join us. We usually meet the fourth Thursday of each month at 7PM at a location announced beforehand. Often, we meet at Slices pizzeria in Barnesville. On occasion we meet at a member's house, or even the Safehouse Coffee House in Griffin. You can see our book list for 2014 by clicking the "More upcoming books..." link found on the Buggytown Book Club page. You can email me at BuggytownBookClub@gmail.com and I can add you to our mailing list. Once on that list, you'll get all the information you need. It's a great group, and we do more fun things like attend plays, concerts, movies, dinners, poetry reading, etc. It's OK if you don't read every book every month--we're not sticklers. Eager to hear back from you. Kelly

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Gina, Also try the "Bookshelf" link to see the books we've read in the past, as well as what we'll be reading in 2014.

message 4: by Gina (new)

Gina | 4 comments Kelly,
I'm so excited that the book club still meets! I look forward to giving it a try and meeting everyone. It sounds like a lot of fun! And, it works out perfectly because I already have the book that you're reading for this month!

I'll send you an email now so you can add me to the mailing list.

Thank you!

message 5: by Gina (new)

Gina | 4 comments Hey all!

Just double checking the date for the next meeting. Is it the 26th? And we're reading Homer's Odyssey? The home page is confusing under the "Currently Reading" section. Just want to make sure I read the right book and show up on the right day, lol. Looking forward to it!

message 6: by Kelly (new)

Yes, our next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, June 26, probably at the Presbyterian Church in Barnesville again. I fixed the "Currently Reading" problem for our club page. All our books have Start/Finish dates, but apparently you have to manually mark them as "Read" or "Currently Reading". I'll have to remember to maintain that better each month.

message 7: by Gina (new)

Gina | 4 comments Thanks, Kelly! Nice job on the club page, very helpful :) I like being able to look ahead to see what we're reading next, too!
Look forward to the meeting everyone. I'm hoping nothing comes up this time to prevent my being there, but summers are busy with travel, visitors, etc., so I never know.