Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > (Temporarily closed) Beta reader available for romance, literary, contemporary and historical fiction

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by K.A. (new)

K.A. | 2 comments Hi, I'm a (mature) student of applied writing (including editing papers). I currently have a break in study until mid-July and I'm happy to beta read romance, literary and contemporary fiction, historical fiction and short stories. I'm pretty open-minded, but draw the line at gratuitous violence or child/animal abuse.

I won't comment on grammar or punctuation unless something really jumps out at me., but will give you honest, constructive feedback on any (or maybe all) of the following:

Plot (what works, what doesn't and any issues or holes)
Continuity
Logic
Pace
Characterisation
Repetition

I don't ask for payment, but hope that maybe one day you will return the favour and beta read for me.

Kathy

message 2: by Dave (new)

Dave Blake (dab60) | 2 comments Kathy wrote: "Hi, I'm a (mature) student of applied writing (including editing papers). I currently have a break in study until mid-July and I'm happy to beta read romance, literary and contemporary fiction, his..."

My name is Dave Blake I have a fiction novel that is about 49K words. It is about the love hate relationship between a woman and her son's dog. It you are not too busy and would love to beta it, please email me at dablake288@gmail.com. I can send you the first chapter or the entire manuscript.
Thank you and have a great summer.