Polls for Our Souls discussion

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ella (last edited Jun 04, 2016 10:45PM) (new)

Ella Alaniz (warning--known--fangirl) | 26 comments Is Merlin an enjoyable show for Arthurian fans? How likable would it be for someone who's familiar with the lore? Like for someone who has read The Once and Future King would the show be a nice thing to delve into?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Gabriella wrote: "Is Merlin an enjoyable show for Arthurian fans? How likable would it be for someone who's familiar with the lore? Like for someone who has read The Once and Future King would the show be a nice thi..."

Merlin is one of my favorite all time tv shows, It's different from the lore in some aspects, but remember that it's through the perspective of a young Merlin. The CG is bad, and takes some getting used to but that's the only thing I disliked about the show. The characters from the old lore were mostly all there, with some exceptions but the director mentioned that he wanted to do something original with the arthurian lore. I think that as long as you recognize it as it's own interpretation of the lore then you'll like it.

message 3: by Ella (new)

Ella Alaniz (warning--known--fangirl) | 26 comments Amy wrote: "Gabriella wrote: "Is Merlin an enjoyable show for Arthurian fans? How likable would it be for someone who's familiar with the lore? Like for someone who has read The Once and Future King would the ..."

Oh, okay. Thank you!

message 4: by sophie (new)

sophie | 4 comments The bromance between Arthur and Merlin is hilarious. I love this show! :D

message 5: by S.Shade (new)

S.Shade | 1 comments I absolutely adored this show, definitely one of my favorite BBC shows. It is quite different from the lore but it is worth watching in my opinion. The relationship between Arthur and Merlin alone make made the show for me, they were hilarious!

message 6: by Pottermnm (last edited Jun 10, 2016 05:32PM) (new)

Pottermnm Montse | 45 comments One of my favorite shows ever.Love how Arthur grows up to be the wonderful king he is ,you can see him go from spoiled brat to awesomeness.I love his relationship with Gwen, and Merlin, he is just fantastic....not very faithful to Arthurian legends, they keep in key events or details but with their own spuce.I almost cried when the round table appears for the first time,its my favorite episode by far...still have to watch the last four episodes.But despite the changes, I love the show.Some stuff like Gweneveire and her devotion to Arthur, I even like it better in the show than on the "canon" legends.

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Sayers | 32 comments I loved it when Merlin ate the muffin. It made me happy.

message 8: by Rumell (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) | 1012 comments Merlin x Arthur

message 9: by Isabel (new)

Isabel Simões | 22 comments Love this show!

message 10: by Rumell (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) | 1012 comments so do I.