Sci-Fi & Fantasy Girlz discussion

Sci-Fi & Fantasy Girlz Group Analysis

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yoly (new)

Yoly (macaruchi) | 792 comments Hello everyone!

I'm a data enthusiast, and had been thinking for a while that it would be cool if Goodreads gave us some stats about groups, and then I thought, why don't I do it myself? So I did :)

I gathered some data from Goodreads, processed it and wrote a little page with my findings. I thought I would share this with the group.

Here's a link:
http://yceron.github.io/SciFiFantasyG...

Fun fact: apparently no one in the group read The Girl in the Steel Corset which was one of our selections for May 2015

message 2: by Gary (new)

Gary | 1470 comments Interesting that A Discovery of Witches did so badly according to the Girlz group on that scale. I'll take a goodly amount of the blame for that since I actually didn't finish it (and so gave it zero stars.) I suppose that means I should also take credit for The Stone Gods getting such a high rating since I'm a JW fanboy.

message 3: by Yoly (new)

Yoly (macaruchi) | 792 comments Oh I haven't finished A Discovery of Witches either. Also, that book was rated only by one group member. Apparently it wasn't our most popular selection.

message 4: by Laz (new)

Laz the Sailor (laz7) Intriguing.

message 5: by Yoly (new)

Yoly (macaruchi) | 792 comments This just in:
My analysis is wrong...

I was just playing some more with the data and found a bug in the script where I processed the read books for the group members and I have a "tiny" difference in read counts (21,472 vs 74,631).

I'll re-do my analysis (only the read books is affected) and will let you know after I update it.

UGH!

I'll be back :)

message 6: by Yoly (new)

Yoly (macaruchi) | 792 comments I fixed my analysis and updated it, but still, no one in the group read The Girl in the Steel Corset :P

message 7: by Lillian (new)

Lillian James | 12 comments That's really cool. I haven't read a lot of those (new to the group). I'll have to give some a try.