Dread Forest (roleplay) discussion

Dread Palace > The Queen's Chambers

Comments Showing 1-50 of 802 (802 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

The Mad Hatter ~I'd rather have my kingdom fall than lose you to hatred's call~ (darkhatter) | 2192 comments Mod
Basically a mix of all of these:
description/
description/
description/

The Mad Hatter ~I'd rather have my kingdom fall than lose you to hatred's call~ (darkhatter) | 2192 comments Mod
Aelin walked into the room and shut the door. She hurried to the bed and snatched a pillow. Then she screamed as the pillow muffled the sound.
Maltra is so difficult! I can't do one thing right by him! He thinks that just because I am a queen, I have to be handled with care. Little does he know that I have been to war several times. I have seen more death than he could imagine. I have taken more lives than I can count. He's. Just. So. Difficult!
She punched the pillow, but then sat up on the bed.
I'm acting like a child.
Aelin put the pillow back where she got it from and looked at her reflection in the mirror.

Aelin walked to her balcony and looked out upon her kingdom.

This is my kingdom. My beautiful kingdom. If I don't win this war against Crimson Burn, then it will be destroyed and twisted into something unrecognizable.

Aelin didnt even glance over when Revenge misted into the room behind her. She continued to watch the night take over her kingdom. "Yes?"

Revenge bowed to aelin even though she wasnt watching him. Her body looked tense and he felt bad for his Queen. He couldnt imagine doing what she did every single day. The constant battle between good and evil. Revenge just wanted to help her.
"I brought you a gift, Your Majesty."

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Heathen raised a brow, but kept silent. He kept his tongue locked, making a final decision. He wouldn't speak a word.

Aelin kept her back to them for a few minutes longer than what was necessary, but soon turned to face Revenge. She almost did a double take when she saw Heathen beside him. She gave a warm smile to Revenge. He always knew how to take some of the stress away.
Her gaze fixed on Heathen, and her smile was replaced by a cold expression. "Do you realize what I could do to you for your betrayal?"

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee I didn't even do anything... Collecting information isn't a crime.

But selling it is.

Then again, she doesn't have proof you sold information. She can't do a single thing to you without proof.

But she's a queen.

Shut up you stupid head!

Heathen didn't even feel fear, at this point. Normally, he could be a friendly guy. But at this point, Heathen was done. He was done with the queen, he was done with the Dread Forest. Who cares about the Guild of Knowledge at this point??? Once Heathen got out of here, he'd go straight to the forest. It didn't matter anymore. People would know him anyway. In the end he'd always get paid. Heathen resembled a solid wall that was impossible to knock down. He stared her on without blinking.

Revenge watched Heathen like a hawk, but then turned to Aelin.
Gosh she looks tired, but there is an air of strength surrounding her. If only I can do something more for her than...well this.

Aelin stalked towards Heathen and leaned close to him. Her gaze roamed over his face...searching...searching.
He's just like the rest of us. Trying to survive in this world. Doing anything to ensure protection.
She sighed and turned back to the balcony. "Make sure he gets something to eat and then show him to a guest room."
Tears were threatening to come as she looked out, once again, on her broken kingdom. A kingdom full of people that are only trying to survive.

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Wait what? No prison? A GUEST bedroom? Heathen was overcome with confusion, staring both dumbfounded and in bewilderment. Seriously?

Revenge stared at his Queen with the same confusion that must have been on Heathen's face as well. He nodded his head, and then turned to Heathen. "I guess you got lucky today. "
What was going through Aelin's head?! This man betrayed her by taking the knives and running off to meet Asha! Surely, he should be punished not rewarded!

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Heathen raised a brow then turned to Revenge. He hadn't smiled for at least 30 minutes. Must be a new record! Heathen let the record break as his famous devil's smile opened freely.

Something in those green eyes of his glimmered, but it was impossible to tell what it was.

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee ((I'll make him his guest bedroom))

((okay))

Aelin continued to watch the light of day fade from sight. "I'll send for you when I wish to talk, but for now you are welcome to the facilities and food."

Revenge clenched his jaw. "GUARDS!"

The guards rushed in with blades drawn. "Yes, m' lord?"

"Show this man to the guest chambers and keep an eye on him."
I need to have a talk with Her Majesty.

Aelin could hear the anger and annoyance in Revenge's voice and knew that once Heathen was out of the room, an argument would start.

message 14: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Heathen's devilish grin remained. He stalked out of the room, kicking his legs up with each walk as he proudly walked out. He probably looked like an idiot, but why did that matter? He got away with it, once again.

Once the door closed Revenge stalked towards Aelin and grabbed her arm. "What was that all about?! He's a traitor! Why not punish him?"

Aelin glanced down at her arm which was in the grasp of Revenge's hand. "I am tired, Revenge. Please leave me. I thank you for attempting to help, but I must retire for the night."
I can't take it anymore. Maltra hates me and so do many others. I just need sleep! I just want a full night by myself without the constant nagging from everyone!

Aelin looked at the grandfather clock and let out a frustrated sigh.
Maltra needs to grow up! I'm just trying to help him. He can't pretend that I don't have feelings for him.....but he already is.
She sighed.
He's probably off with a random girl doing God knows what or he's probably in some fight with a drunk or lying dead in a...oh no.
"GUARDS!!!"
The guards rushed into the room. "Yes, Your Majesty?"
"Bring me Maltra's apprentice, Rashan. And do hurry." She rubbed her temples as a migraine began to brew.

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Rashan couldn't be heard. The only you could possibly known he was there was the long shadow that aided him. He strolled down the hall, boots not making a single peep. He stood in the doorway, pitch clothes torn, dirty, but still in one piece and swaying. He hands were in his pockets, a very relaxed position he always seemed to be in. He did a small bow. His robotic eye zoomed in on Aelin, and his robotic mask helped him to take in a breath. As usual, he wasn't the one speaking.

Aelin glanced at Rashan. "What happened to you? Are you alright?" She rushed over to him.

message 19: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Rashan raised his dark brows, surprised at her concern. His robotic mask had streamed in his vocal chords, helping him talk as well. He coughed, which helped getting his voice warmed up since he hadn't spoken much. "Just another day on the job," he answered. His voice was deep, but other male voices seemed to speak with him, making some of his words sound strange.

Aelin stopped fussing over him and gave a small smile. "I'm glad that you're okay." She rubbed her temples again. Her demons were getting restless. Aelin grimaced. "Do you know where Maltra is? He kind of...took off without saying anything to me."

message 21: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Rashan cleared his foggy throat, though it sounded like he was dying. Still with his hands in his pockets, he looked as calm as ever. "Your personal assassin has taken it upon himself to get the free time he needed. Your not the only one who is stressed, and you must come to realize he never did get a break. While you were sleeping, he stood out your door. While you were eating, he stood in the corner. I believe he needed the time to calm down and collect his strength." He let his light gray eye sink into Aelin while the red one was scanning, collecting temperature, and doing unnecessary things without being told.

Aelin nodded her head. "Come sit with me, Rashan. Please. A Queen gets lonely sometimes and I especially don't want to be alone right now." Her demons were surfacing and if she was alone then she would be alone with them. Not a good idea.
Demons: Come and play with us, Aelinnnn......be with ussss...

message 23: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Rashan didn't make a sound as he sat on the couch beside Aelin. His red mechanical eye glowed, while his gray eye was the only thing where you could tell what his emotions were. You didn't see much in that eye, however.

Aelin stopped rubbing her temples and glanced at him. "So how is your training going? Is Maltra good to you?"
Demons: Playyyyyy......kill the boy......KILL THE BOY.....

message 25: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Rashan crossed his arms and leaned back, body all of a sudden more tense. "He hasn't taught in a while. I'd expect an assassin like him not to be good, but to be stern. He's taught me much." Something was glistening in his red eye.

"That's good. I shall have a word with him when he gets back to..."Playyyyy...."spend more time with you and less with me."

Demons: Come sweet Aelinnn.....Come and playyyy...Yesss...killll the boyyyyy...
Aelin shook her head and started rocking back and forth on the couch.
"Have you...learned...a lot?" She managed that much at least.

message 27: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Rashan didn't answer. With his robotic eye, he saw right through her. "The demons are treating you, I see." His gray eye narrowed, and his eyebrows moved into a harsh gaze. "Shadows are leaking out of you."

Aelin glanced down at herself and saw the shadows engulfing her dark red gown. "Yes I suppose...theyyy...are. Ah..I'm sorry...Rashan..."

Demons: PLAYYYY.....KILLLLLLL.......NOWWW!!!!!

Aelin tucked her hands under her thighs. "Can you...find...Maltra..."

message 29: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Rashan didn't move. "I believe leaving you alone is the worst idea possible," he replied flatly.

Aelin couldn't take it. The pressure was building and building and building. She started to rock faster.
Demons: KILLLL HIMMM NOWWWW!!!!
She jumped up off the couch. "NO!!!" Aelin held her head and paced. "No...no....no...no!!!"

message 31: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Rashan leapt to his feet. He moved to her with a fast pace, then wrapped his arms around her stomach area, locking her arms. He leaned into her ear and whispered, "Don't move." He remained frozen. "You'll only make them more active. Calm down."

Aelin screamed. "I...can.....can't!!! Ahhh!!"
Shadows continued to seep out of her and started to form the silhouette of a man. Demon prince.
She screamed again and the shadows wavered. Her knees buckled as she fought for control. The prince glided towards her and she could make out a smile forming on his lips. No face though.
Prince: You're mineeee.....Accepttt thattt......
He ran a finger down her face and it burned. Aelin's screams rose higher in pitch. "No!! Lea...Leave...meee...alone!"

message 33: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Rashan completely let go of the queen. He stepped in front of her and held up a strange looking sword. The blade was black, and it was jagged and spiked. The handle was wrapped in a black bandage. He held up the sword to the demon prince's throat. He had no need to say anything. He let both eyes burn into the prince.

Aelin watched as the prince turned to Rashan and laughed.
You thinkkk that cann kill meee, boyyy? I liveee insideee of herrr. Onceee sheee is mineee she willl....returnnnn to the underworlddd with meee..... He laughed again and then wrapped around Aelin.

Aelin screamed again as the burning sensation returned. "GET....MALTRA!" Her screams were filled with agony as they tore from her throat. She couldn't get to her light. The prince had dragged her away from that side of her powers.

message 35: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Rashan sliced his sword against the prince's arm. Dark ooziness that was thick suddenly spurted out. He remained emotionless as he replied calmly. "Just because you live inside her doesn't mean I can't kill you." His head didn't move as he kept staring at the prince. "Maltra isn't here, Aelin. Deal with the fact that I'm all you got, so be thankful." He didn't even sound angry. His many voices in his vocal chords sounded loud and clear for once.

"Then do something!!!!! I can't...can't...get...to...my...powers...." Suddenly she couldn't breathe and she fell onto her back as the prince choked her.

You'll beee mineeeee........myyyy Queeennnnnn forever.....
The prince looked to Rashan and grinned. I willl jusstttt comeeee backkkkk evennn moreee dangerousssss.....

message 37: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Rashan was already doing something before Aelin had said so. Rashan growled from under the mask, "Not where you're going." He held up the sword. The reason it was black was because dark demons we're drifting under a cursed glass blade. "I'm sure you'll have a nice stay with your brethren." The sword swished, chopping off his head and coming around to cut his body in half. His shadows automatically began to get sucked into the sword.

message 38: by The Mad Hatter ~I'd rather have my kingdom fall than lose you to hatred's call~, Queen Aelin Shadowsen (last edited Jul 10, 2016 07:40PM) (new)

The prince screamed but then laughed as the blade sliced into him. We shall seee boyyyy. Sheeee willl beee mine, anddd thereeee are worse thingsss out thereee thann meeee....

The burning sensation vanished from Aelin and she started to sob as her body trembled. The demons were still there but they were minor compared to the prince. She curled up into a ball as her vulnerability threatened her.

((I'll reply later tonight :) byeee ))

message 40: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee The prince was completely inside the sword. After putting away the sword, he turned to Aelin. He sat criss-cross and just watched silently.

((Byeee))

Aelin watched him as her body continued to tremble. She probably looked so weak to him. "T-thank you, Rashan."

((byeeee))

message 42: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Rashan just did a small nod, and faced the window to see the mysteries outside.

Aelin pushed herself up into a sitting position on shaky arms. "Promise me something, Rashan. Promise me that you won't tell anyone about this." She thought to herself for another moment then sighed. "Not even Maltra. I know I asked you to get him to help me, but since you didn't, it's better if he doesn't know about this."

He must never know about this.

message 44: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Rashan hadn't looked at her until then. He turned his head from the window. A piece of messy black hair went into his robotic eye, but it hardly bothered him. "I promise." He looked back to the window before deciding to add, "I suspected for a year or two now. I never bothered asking, but more shadows etched itself into you skin than most." He narrowed an eye. "It looks like Helia's work."

Aelin pushed herself up from off the floor and balanced herself with a hand on the arm of the sofa before walking over to stand beside Rashan. "Thank you. Was it really that noticeable?" She sighed. "Yes. Some time ago, I was taken prisoner by the king of Crimson Burn. I was tortured and...well lets just say that the guards were a little too kind. I fought and fought until one day I just let myself go numb. I stopped feeling the pain and I thought I was dead until Helia came in. My defenses were down and I didn't care what they did to me at that point. King Evernence told me that he would finally have some control over me and would finally get to make me feel "real pain." Helia came over to the stone table that I had been strapped to for...days, weeks, maybe even months. Then before I knew what was happening, I was falling in darkness." Aelin pushed back the tears that were threatening to come. "From that day on, I've been battling them, not to keep ME safe, but everyone else safe. What you just saw was...mild compared to what could've happened. The demons have aided me in some situations but have also threatened to be my downfall." Aelin dug her nails into her palms. "Maltra was the one that...that got me out of that hell-hole and he's known ever since."

message 46: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Rashan stared across to her. "Then he's more powerful then people think." He cleared his throat, which sounded more and more strange each time you heard it. He remained sitting on the floor as he said, "I only noticed because my eye sees more then what meets the eye. It does things... Sees the abnormal. The dead. I know for a fact some of your ancestors like to float around the gardens." Rashan glanced out the window again. "Demons are hungry tonight," he muttered mostly to himself.

((did u fall asleep or something?lol))

Aelin watched Rashan with a whole new perspective. "I suppose so, but him and I have a history. I've known that for a while. That's one remarkable eye, then." She laughed silently to herself. "Do you see my aunt? Queen Maverick? She was a riot...or so they tell me. I met her when I was a child." Aelin turned to glance out the window. "Thank you Rashan. I take comfort in knowing that I'm not the only one who notices the demons. Maltra can't see them so he doesn't know what I'm going through. My demons recognize the presence of another demon. It...scares me sometimes."

message 49: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Rashan made something like an 'Mm' sound, though it was hard to tell. "There's nothing wrong with being scared."

"For a queen, there is. I have many enemies, Rashan. They make it their job to find my weaknesses and use them against me." She sighed. "Many of my people think that I am unbreakable, but I am not. My enemies know that. They want to see me break...and see the destruction that will follow it once I do. For when I break, I will be the greatest threat to my kingdom."
Aelin walked over to her dresser and opened the secret compartment under it. She pulled out a golden dagger that shimmered, even though there was no light. Engravings were etched throughout it and light leaked from inside the blade.
Aelin turned back to Rashan. "When that day comes...when I break, I want you to stab this dagger into my heart. I was going to tell Maltra about it, but he... he hasn't been himself lately." She shook her head and continued. "Once you drive this dagger into my heart, I want you to run as far away as possible. Start a new life for yourself and be happy." She bit her lip in thought. "I have money hidden in a hollowed out tree in the center of Dread Forest. The wisps will lead you there...they will sense when their Queen is dead and will know what to do."

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17