What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA/Junior chapter book - Dragon and a boy

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 6 comments I am trying to find a book that I read as a pre-teen.
The main character was a boy, who finds a dragon in a cave. The dragon might have been sick or injured. The boy and the dragon become friends. And I think the dragon pricked the boys hand and he grew a dragon scale on his hand.

message 2: by Liralen (new)

Liralen | 710 comments There was something like that in one of the Narnia books -- The Voyage of the Dawn Treader?

message 3: by Ben (new)

Ben (browly) | 24 comments Was it The Dragon and the Thief by Gillian Bradshaw? An Egyptian boy decides to steal treasure from the tombs and finds a dragon hiding in one. I read it as a pre-teen and liked it, and only recently figured out what book it was. I don't remember the part about the scale on his hand, but it has been a long time and I can't remember the plot, other than the dragon is surprised the boy can't eat raw meat and has to cook it for him.

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 6 comments Ben wrote: "Was it The Dragon and the Thief by Gillian Bradshaw? An Egyptian boy decides to steal treasure from the tombs and finds a dragon hiding in one. I read it as a pre-teen and liked it, and only recent..."

This sounds promising. I'll check it out. It's been a long time since I read it too. Thank you.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39275 comments Mod
Amanda, are you still looking for this or did you find it?