Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Girl Who Stole the World (Crabtree School #3)
This topic is about The Girl Who Stole the World
Book Issues > Removing a book from my profile that isn't mine

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenpearson) | 3 comments Another author's book has been linked to my page (a crabtree book), I'm assuming it's happened because the author has the same name. I have only written Midnight Poetry and Monsters. Is there any way to remove this book from my page and prevent it from happening in the future? As this isn't the first time I've had this issue. Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

message 2: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 3671 comments Removed from your profile.

When there is more than one author with the same name, Goodreads disambiguates the author names by adding a space between the first and last name. Your profile is Lauren^Pearson, so the import bot puts all "Lauren Pearson" authored books onto your profile. When this happens, you can submit a request here, as you did this time, and we will move the book to the correct profile.

If you find this to be too bothersome, you could contact support —support (at) goodreads (dot) com — and request additional spaces be added to your name (for search purposes only). The side effect of this, of course, is that the import bot would put your books into the single-space profile, and you'd have to request that we move them to your new profile.