Save Our Cozies Readathon discussion

General Information > Readathon Coming Soon

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by AngryGreyCat (new)

AngryGreyCat (angrygreycatreads) | 145 comments Mod
Readathon date poll runs through June 6 - On June 7th I will post the date. Right now it looks as though it will be July 16th.

message 2: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 17 comments Readers will need to take into account that it'll be EDT (Eastern Daylight Time). I'm in a readathon now with a lot of members not in the US (and one in Arizona), and it adds another piece to the calculation.

message 3: by AngryGreyCat (new)

jaxnsmom wrote: "Readers will need to take into account that it'll be EDT (Eastern Daylight Time). I'm in a readathon now with a lot of members not in the US (and one in Arizona), and it adds another piece to the c..."

Thanks I will look into that with our time zone calculator.

message 4: by Kristi (new)

Kristi | 15 comments Are we only supposed to read books listed on the group bookshelf for the readathon?

I want to have two books selected and ready. I am trying to plan ahead.

message 5: by AngryGreyCat (new)

Kristi wrote: "Are we only supposed to read books listed on the group bookshelf for the readathon?

I want to have two books selected and ready. I am trying to plan ahead."

You can read from the list (any book in the series) - however if you have other cozies to read that is fine that is fine as well. Reading any cozies will give support to the cozy genre in general.

message 6: by Catherine (new)

Catherine I was wanting to plan ahead also and didn't know there was a group bookshelf, so thanks for asking this, Kristi!!! :)

message 7: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa White (phantasmmarquesses) | 15 comments On the bookshelf that we have, that is kind of our focus, I do not have those particular books, but I do have some of the first books in the series, can I read those in the series? Or do I need to jump ahead a few books?

Also, the readathon, it is a 24 hour reading strip right? I am a slow reader at time and I do have a meeting on the 15th. I just want to make sure I am doing things right...ha

message 8: by Catherine (new)

Catherine I am reading other books in the series from the shelf. I am not caught up on some of them. :)

I am pretty sure the Readathon is 24 hours. There's a link to figure out your time zone. I'm in CST so I start Friday night at 11 p.m.

message 9: by AngryGreyCat (new)

Alyssa wrote: "On the bookshelf that we have, that is kind of our focus, I do not have those particular books, but I do have some of the first books in the series, can I read those in the series? Or do I need to ..."

You can read from whereever you are in the series. I just chose a book from each series to represent it. You can also read other cozies to support the genre in general.

The readathon is 24 hours, but you can participate as the hours your are able. Obviously the more hours your participate, the more opportunities for prizes.

Thank you.

message 10: by AngryGreyCat (new)

Catherine wrote: "I am reading other books in the series from the shelf. I am not caught up on some of them. :)

I am pretty sure the Readathon is 24 hours. There's a link to figure out your time zone. I'm in CST so..."

Yes, thank you for responding. You are correct. I am going to try to help people who have issues figuring out the times on Friday :)

message 11: by Catherine (new)

Catherine I'm going to try to do as many hours as I can mostly because it will help me get some books finished!! :)

message 12: by Kim (new)

Kim Galla (catmommie) I just started when I woke up this morning and doing as much as I can because...real life butts it's ugly head in on weekends, too! That's where the audiobooks come in.