Jessica Gadziala Books And Bullsh** discussion

Upcoming Releases > Stand-Alones & misc.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Gadziala (jessicagadziala) | 379 comments Mod
A place for books that don't fall into the Universe or Stars Landing series.

message 2: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 27 comments So tell us a little about this stand alone book your writing...

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Cindy ~ SnS Reviews wrote: "So tell us a little about this stand alone book your writing..."

It's super top secret! lol.

So it's an "asshole who redeems himself" plot, as I've said. It's a personal favorite of my beta readers and I am, in a way, writing it for her.

I am more than halfway done right now and I am sending the second installment off to a beta reader tonight for some feedback.

For what I can tell you... umm... there's not any action/mystery/suspense subplot. This is a basic love story. Which is a bit new for me. But because of the lack of subplot, I think it is perhaps more emotionally engaging than previous books.

It's a 'chick caught in an impossible situation' kind of thing. She (Prue, short for Prudence) has no real choice but to put up with his (Byron St. James) shit. And, well, ya know... he's hot and things eventually develop despite her knowing its a terrible idea.

Byron is a very alpha personality- blunt, in-your-face, no-holds-barred, you kinda know exactly what is on his mind because he tells you.

Prue is a lot more repressed, finds it hard to communicate, but can be a bit of a spitfire when she's riled. It's those 'gushy' emotions she struggles with lol.

I think that's all I can give you for specifics right now.

I WILL say I am finding this book really quote-able. I have 11 teasers already at just past the half-way point. I usually only have 5-6 teasers total.

So... yeah... any specific questions? That I may or may not answer lol

message 4: by Nadré (new)

Nadré Wiggill (nadrenoeni) | 67 comments I can't wait to see the cover for this!!!

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Nadré wrote: "I can't wait to see the cover for this!!!"

It's not a half-naked man this time lol. I have it. I was thinking of posting it this weekend ;)

message 6: by Nadré (new)

Nadré Wiggill (nadrenoeni) | 67 comments Sharing is caring...

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Nadré wrote: "Sharing is caring... "

Saturday to celebrate finishing writing it!

message 8: by Nadré (new)

Nadré Wiggill (nadrenoeni) | 67 comments Yay!

message 9: by Dusti (new)

Dusti Hanrahan | 147 comments Can't wait for this!!

message 10: by Jessica (new)

Dusti wrote: "Can't wait for this!!"

I'm losing track of time this month. It won't be too much longer until ARCs go out :)

message 11: by Dusti (new)

Dusti Hanrahan | 147 comments Omg BSJ is a total contradiction that has me swooning HARD!! I'm almost done w Debt and feeling the need to slow down because I need more of this man in my life!

message 12: by Jessica (new)

Dusti wrote: "Omg BSJ is a total contradiction that has me swooning HARD!! I'm almost done w Debt and feeling the need to slow down because I need more of this man in my life!"

Yay! I'm so glad you're liking him. I know Byron is def going to be a love-him or hate-him character. But I loved him pretty hard myself :)

message 13: by Dusti (new)

Dusti Hanrahan | 147 comments Oh I adore him! I love how you tipped your pinky into a little D/s and, if I do say so myself, you've given me 2 new men in Matt and Aaron.

message 14: by Jessica (new)

Dusti wrote: "Oh I adore him! I love how you tipped your pinky into a little D/s and, if I do say so myself, you've given me 2 new men in Matt and Aaron."

I tried SO HARD to make it a stand-alone, but I maaaaybe really liked Matt too lol

message 15: by Nadré (new)

Nadré Wiggill (nadrenoeni) | 67 comments Jessica wrote: "Dusti wrote: "Oh I adore him! I love how you tipped your pinky into a little D/s and, if I do say so myself, you've given me 2 new men in Matt and Aaron."

I tried SO HARD to make it a stand-alone,..."

You can do it!!! You know you want to... ;-)

message 16: by Jessica (new)

Okay. I am heavy into edits on Into The Green. Who is going to be reading? I have to say it was a really good exercise for my brain to create this whole new world. Now I am onto SHANE!!!

message 17: by Nadré (new)

Nadré Wiggill (nadrenoeni) | 67 comments I've been waiting forever for that one!

message 18: by Jessica (new)

Nadré wrote: "I've been waiting forever for that one!"

Shane or Into The Green?

message 19: by Nadré (new)

Nadré Wiggill (nadrenoeni) | 67 comments Into the Green!

message 20: by Jessica (new)

Nadré wrote: "Into the Green!"

You're actually the reason I decided to stop pussy-footing around and rewrite it already. Ever since you asked me where it was, it's been on my mind. I really love this world and the creative freedom I get in escaping into it. Hopefully this does relatively well so I can give some side characters their own stories ;)

message 21: by Nadré (new)

Nadré Wiggill (nadrenoeni) | 67 comments Awww! I'm so glad! Can't wait to see what you've done with it!

message 22: by Jessica (new)

Alright, I have a random question. I've seen comments on this particular idiom in reviews twice and I was curious if it was really that "out there" that most of you don't understand it, or if it was just foreign to a handful of readers.

Do you guys know what "worry the floors" means?

message 23: by Nadré (new)

Nadré Wiggill (nadrenoeni) | 67 comments doesn't that have to do with pacing?

message 24: by Jessica (new)

Nadré wrote: "doesn't that have to do with pacing?"

Yes. Exactly. It's just another way to say "pacing". I have read it phrased that way in another book once too so I know it's just not some silly phrase I made up. Alright. Just checking to make sure I wasn't being a little too crazy in my turns of phrases.

message 25: by Selenay (new)

Selenay | 12 comments Even I understand this phrase and english is not my first language...

message 26: by Jessica (new)

Selenay wrote: "Even I understand this phrase and english is not my first language..."

Awesome. Glad that was clear to you guys.

message 27: by Eleanor (new)

Eleanor (realtastypages) | 39 comments I'm excited to give Into the Green a go :) Bring it on!

I'm worry the floors waiting for it hahaha Sorry couldn't help myself ;)

message 28: by Jessica (new)

Eleanor wrote: "I'm excited to give Into the Green a go :) Bring it on!

I'm worry the floors waiting for it hahaha Sorry couldn't help myself ;)"

haha yes!

message 29: by Nadré (new)

Nadré Wiggill (nadrenoeni) | 67 comments I got it!!! Yay! Can't wait to begin!

message 30: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 27 comments Jessica - I thought I saw the blurb for Into the Green somewhere - the final one - I cant find it now

message 31: by Jessica (new)

Cindy ~ SnS Reviews wrote: "Jessica - I thought I saw the blurb for Into the Green somewhere - the final one - I cant find it now"

The blurb should be on the book page on GR:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

But here it is too:

-Cece-
There are a few things I learned recently:
The love of my life, well, wasn't.
My new roommate is a kook.
Nothing is the way I had believed my whole life.

-Jasper-
Some things are abundantly clear:
My sister is missing.
I have her new roommate tagging along into a dangerous realm she knows nothing about.
And Cece, well, she is nothing like what she appears.

message 32: by Eleanor (new)

Eleanor (realtastypages) | 39 comments Jessica wrote: "Cindy ~ SnS Reviews wrote: "Jessica - I thought I saw the blurb for Into the Green somewhere - the final one - I cant find it now"

https://www.goodreads..."

Great Job Jess, Really enjoyed it! Do you think you'll write more in this series?

message 33: by Jessica (new)

Eleanor wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Cindy ~ SnS Reviews wrote: "Jessica - I thought I saw the blurb for Into the Green somewhere - the final one - I cant find it now"

https..."

I have ideas for several others but it really depends on how this one does. Not necessarily commercially, but feedback wise. If it's not a hit with readers, i don't see more happening anytime soon seeing as i have so many other books in my queue.

message 34: by Eleanor (new)

Eleanor (realtastypages) | 39 comments Jessica wrote: "Eleanor wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Cindy ~ SnS Reviews wrote: "Jessica - I thought I saw the blurb for Into the Green somewhere - the final one - I cant find it now"

The blurb should be on the book p..."

Although I'm really looking forward to future releases in your other series, it would be a shame not to have more in this series :)

message 35: by Jessica (new)

Eleanor wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Eleanor wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Cindy ~ SnS Reviews wrote: "Jessica - I thought I saw the blurb for Into the Green somewhere - the final one - I cant find it now"

The blurb should ..."

I actually have covers ready for all of them. Like this one, but seasonal. I really would eventually like to at least tell the stories for Amy, Jet, and Drake.

message 36: by Eleanor (new)

Eleanor (realtastypages) | 39 comments Jessica wrote: "Eleanor wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Eleanor wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Cindy ~ SnS Reviews wrote: "Jessica - I thought I saw the blurb for Into the Green somewhere - the final one - I cant find it now"

T..."

Oh I like your style haha I loved the cover for Into the Green.

message 37: by Nadré (new)

Nadré Wiggill (nadrenoeni) | 67 comments Jessica wrote: "Eleanor wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Eleanor wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Cindy ~ SnS Reviews wrote: "Jessica - I thought I saw the blurb for Into the Green somewhere - the final one - I cant find it now"

T..."

Gimme!

message 38: by Jessica (last edited Aug 08, 2016 08:15AM) (new)

message 39: by **Vee** (new)

**Vee** (veeme) | 2 comments Hi Jess, I just finished it.... I loved it but now not sure if it was the old or new... I downloaded on KU last night (Australia time so about 4am Eastern Time in the USA) I checked and it has the old cover but Cece and Jasper are late 20's not teens... Either way if I have to read more about them it won't be a hardship! I loved it and so hope you do more! I am excited to see you are think of books for Amy, Jet and Drake because those are the three I so want!!

Oh an I am from Down Under and I know what worring the floors mean too, and it's a common saying both here and the U.K.

message 40: by **Vee** (new)

**Vee** (veeme) | 2 comments It was the new one! Download from cloud on other device and it has new cover but same book, so thinking I got the revised version :). (Ps I go through the US Amazon just to make it confusing, not the au one)

message 41: by Jessica (new)

**Vee** wrote: "It was the new one! Download from cloud on other device and it has new cover but same book, so thinking I got the revised version :). (Ps I go through the US Amazon just to make it confusing, not t..."

You Def read the new one. So glad you enjoyed it, doll! And those are the three i most want to write stories for as well !

message 42: by Jessica (new)

**Vee** wrote: "It was the new one! Download from cloud on other device and it has new cover but same book, so thinking I got the revised version :). (Ps I go through the US Amazon just to make it confusing, not t..."

You Def read the new one. So glad you enjoyed it, doll! And those are the three i most want to write stories for as well !

message 43: by Nadré (new)

Nadré Wiggill (nadrenoeni) | 67 comments Jessica wrote: "**Vee** wrote: "It was the new one! Download from cloud on other device and it has new cover but same book, so thinking I got the revised version :). (Ps I go through the US Amazon just to make it ..."

I'm still voting for Alex and Declan too!

message 44: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 27 comments So does Amazon have the right version up now? Safe to buy?

message 45: by Jessica (new)

Cindy ~ SnS Reviews wrote: "So does Amazon have the right version up now? Safe to buy?"

If you're in the US, yes. Outside of the US , I'm. Not sure. It can take longer for other countries.

If the version starts with "fuck fuck fuck men " then that's the new version: )

message 46: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 27 comments Yeah - I got the right version

message 47: by Jessica (new)

Cindy ~ SnS Reviews wrote: "Yeah - I got the right version"

Awesome! Happy reading, doll!

message 48: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 27 comments So yeah - just finished Into the Green - I'd totally be game for more of that world. Great job!

message 49: by Jessica (new)

Cindy ~ SnS Reviews wrote: "So yeah - just finished Into the Green - I'd totally be game for more of that world. Great job!"

So glad you enjoyed it, doll! I really would like to continue it... eventually lol

message 50: by Nadré (last edited Aug 25, 2016 07:47AM) (new)

Nadré Wiggill (nadrenoeni) | 67 comments This day is so awesome! Finally was able to buy the last 2 Stars Landing books AND got approved as a GR Librarian AND it's long weekend in Namibia! Woohoo!

I'm ssssoooooooo going to binge-read Jessie's books this weekend!

My nerd is happy...

« previous 1