Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

The Sea Watch (Shadows of the Apt, #6)
This topic is about The Sea Watch
Shadows of the Apt > Shadows of the Apt #6 The Sea Watch First impressions

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Helen (new)

Helen Welcome to this month's chapter in our series read. Is anyone still reading?

Katy (kathy_h) | 141 comments I'm still plan to make it through the series. I am ready to start #5 now, so am behind.

Katy (kathy_h) | 141 comments Only a month behind, maybe I can catch up again this month -- but the books in the series keep getting longer in length as it continues.

message 4: by Helen (new)

Helen To help you out, we could delay the next book perhaps. I'm not sure that anyone else is reading them. I keep wondering who voted for them.

Katy (kathy_h) | 141 comments Helen wrote: "To help you out, we could delay the next book perhaps. I'm not sure that anyone else is reading them. I keep wondering who voted for them."

Well that would be fine with me, as I am pretty much a month behind. I didn't vote for these either, but I am glad that someone did -- although a book discussion with oneself is pretty boring.

message 6: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new)

Maggie K | 1202 comments Mod
i want to catch up as well--too much going on in real life!

message 7: by Helen (new)

Helen Let's put part 7 up in August then, which will be a month later than planned. I've given up trying to stay on track with my books, time and the library keep sabotaging me.

message 8: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (danjf) | 3 comments This is the first time I've heard of this series and for the number of reviews they look pretty good. My area libraries have at least the first 5 or 6 books (ill worry about that when i get there) so I will start on book #1 Empire in Black and Gold. I'm usually a fast reader so I hope to catch up with you guys!

message 9: by Helen (new)

Helen Welcome to the read.

message 10: by Katy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katy (kathy_h) | 141 comments Dan wrote: "This is the first time I've heard of this series and for the number of reviews they look pretty good. My area libraries have at least the first 5 or 6 books (ill worry about that when i get there) ..."

Cool -- that will be nice to have you along for the read.

message 11: by Katy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katy (kathy_h) | 141 comments About halfway through this installment of the series. We are introduced to a whole new set of people (a sea species) with some good political intrigue. We meet several new characters, but I am still wondering what has happened to some of my favorites that have disappeared since book #4 -- I bet I meet up with them in the next book.

message 12: by Helen (new)

Helen That sounds like Malazan where you sorta leapfrogged books.