Star Wars Bookworms Book Club discussion

May Book Discussion > Corran and Mirax

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aaron, Jedi Master (new)

Aaron Goins (avgoins) | 213 comments Mod
Greatest Star Wars love story ever told? Corran's love for Mirax seems so deep. I love how Stackpole built up the anticipation of Corran to see his wife only to bring him crashing down when he realizes Mirax is missing. Very effective way of making us as readers really feel for the characters and care about their fates.

message 2: by Mike (new)

Mike Tennill | 47 comments I love how he just assumes that she is in some unconscious state. I'm going to take the next 6 months and chill

message 3: by Jason (new)

Jason Duran | 37 comments I'd have a hard time just "training" and meditating while my wife was out there somewhere. I seems like he would get up and go out there half trained like Luke or Kyle and just learn on the fly... Maybe with rogue Squadron help or something.

message 4: by Bruce (last edited May 15, 2014 06:38PM) (new)

Bruce | 137 comments I agree, Jason. Corran seems too patient to develop his Jedi skills before looking for his wife. I would expect him to express more pain and anxiousness in having to wait.

message 5: by Derek (new)

Derek Gatz (derekgatz) | 96 comments Every time they mention Mirrax and their son in New Jedi Order it makes my heart ache for Corran, he is always away from them.