Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > Delicious!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marti (last edited Jun 04, 2016 11:37AM) (new)

Marti (coloreader) | 84 comments Delicious! by Ruth Reichl (four stars) 6/4/16

This was a delightful story about a young woman who begins a new job in New York writing for a food magazine. In the process of working in the old mansion, Billie finds letters from a young girl to the famous James Beard. Fascinated by the history in the letters, as well as the relationship between the two, Billie finds herself delving deeper into the mansion's library, finding gems ripe to be put in a book or article.
This was my first audio book (I know, I know!), and I enjoyed the narration except for the silly sound of the female reader trying to sound like a man. A small complaint.

message 2: by Denizen (last edited Jun 04, 2016 05:37PM) (new)

Denizen (den13) | 1138 comments Marti wrote: "This was my first audio book (I know, I know!), and I enjoyed the narration except for the silly sound of the female reader trying to sound like a man. A small complaint. ..."

Congratulations! Listening to audio books was a learned skill for me but has been well worth the effort. I can't imagine life without them now.

message 3: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments I'm the same as Denizen - I love audio books now and would feel a loss without them.

message 4: by JoLene (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments Me three......started listening to audio books about 3 years ago. You found that my sweet spot for audio is either narrative non fiction, historical fiction, and mysteries. I don't really like epic fantasy set in strange worlds or really complex stories where there is lots of characters that you need to track.