Pleasant Valley Library Online Book Group discussion

What Should We Read Next? > What Should We Read Next? - July

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 300 comments Mod
This discussion is a place for members to recommend books for the month of July.

message 2: by Courtney (new)

Our books to vote for are:
Grunt: The Curious Science of Humans at War
In a Dark, Dark Wood
All Summer Long

The poll will open on June 16th and run until June 22nd. Scroll down to the bottom of our home page to see it. Let's pick a good one!

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary | 63 comments They all look good, but I would like to read Grunt.
Mary

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary | 63 comments By the way...I am totally surprised but I really liked The Sleeping Giants! Thanks for the recommendation!
It was just so different for me, loved the format and the pacing...interesting characters...not too technical, just enough to learn something and be believable.

message 5: by Courtney (new)

Mary wrote: "By the way...I am totally surprised but I really liked The Sleeping Giants! Thanks for the recommendation!
It was just so different for me, loved the format and the pacing...interesting characters...."

I'm glad you like it! It's not what I was expecting either, but so far it seems well written, and I think the format suits the story very well.

message 6: by Shirley (new)

Shirley | 37 comments I can't see the poll. I usually would pick the mystery or thriller but it didn't get such good reviews.

message 7: by Shirley (new)

Shirley | 37 comments Oh I see. I was using the Goodreads app so the poll was hard to see.