Polls for Our Souls discussion

Book Chat > Unfulfilling, Crappy or WTFJH Endings...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 89 (89 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ren (new)

Ren (lestatsoul) | 11 comments Have you read a book, novel or story that just had a very unfulfilling, crap or 'what the freak just happened' ending to the point that you're ashame you read the entire book or series?

message 2: by Asagi (new)

Asagi (sleepyalice) | 6 comments Mockinjay has probably the worst ending ever. Not because it was indeed terrible, because it was the end of an intense series and that ending will haunt me for life.

message 3: by Lilia (new)

Lilia | 67 comments Well, I think we can all agree that Allegiant's ending was terrible...

message 4: by Marie Silk (new)

Marie Silk Great Expectations and Tears for a King are the ones that really stick in my mind.

Reyna~I've gotta be on my own~ Lilia wrote: "Well, I think we can all agree that Allegiant's ending was terrible..."

I gotta go Allegiant cause it wasn't necessary to do the you-know-what and that makes me mad. Plus it just kinda sucked...

message 6: by Marie Silk (new)

Marie Silk Romeo and Juliet :)

message 7: by Lilia (new)

Lilia | 67 comments Yeah @Reyna

message 8: by Lilia (new)

Lilia | 67 comments @Marie I agree

Reyna~I've gotta be on my own~ So true @Marie

message 10: by Lilia (new)

Lilia | 67 comments @Marie The ending is probably worse than Allegiant

message 11: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (badasscouchpotato) I am still upset to this day about the ending to the Midnighters trilogy by Scott Westereld. Scott is somewhat notorious for never giving his characters a complete happy ending; which is okay, I'm all for the bittersweet endings. However, Midnighters ended with a cliffhanger that I felt needed another book to resolve or was completely unnecessary and only added in for shock value.
Anyone else have opinions on this series?? I read it over six years ago and I still lie awake at night thinking of how it could've ended better.

message 12: by Tara (new)

Tara (taraleannstan) | 31 comments The end of Gone Girl left me feeling like wtfjh. Majorly. I was so angry, and I still won't read another book by that author. Won't be over it for a long, long time.

message 13: by hope ❅ (new)

hope ❅ (highladyhope) The end of The Giver

Taylor of Alethkar ❦ (aboutfandoms) | 13 comments Yes absolutely. To this day thinking about the Delirium series pisses me off. I'm ashamed that I own the books honestly. Every time I so much as glance at them I get upset tbh.

message 15: by Luís (new)

Luís Fernandes | 12 comments Allegiant sucked, period... honestly, the ending was the only thing I liked (sort of)

message 16: by Frida (new)

Frida (leothil) The last book in the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants-series kind of made me wish the series had just stopped after the fourth book. It was great to meet up with the characters again, and I ended up giving it a high rating, but at times they were just. So. Stupid. Their characters didn't feel several years older as they very clearly hadn't grown up, and the wish-fulfillment ending was simply too much.

message 17: by Elena (new)

Elena Salvatore | 4 comments Out of all the books I ever read, the End of the Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket was by far the most dissapointing!

He had 13 books to conclued the story and come to an good ending but no.... he just abruptly stoped the series.

message 18: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (mandycanada) | 3 comments Bridget wrote: "I am still upset to this day about the ending to the Midnighters trilogy by Scott Westereld. Scott is somewhat notorious for never giving his characters a complete happy ending; which is okay, I'm ..."

YES! Me! I loved the trilogy and the ending sucked.

message 19: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (badasscouchpotato) Mandy wrote: "Bridget wrote: "I am still upset to this day about the ending to the Midnighters trilogy by Scott Westereld. Scott is somewhat notorious for never giving his characters a complete happy ending; whi..."
YASS thank you!! Someone knows my pain!

message 20: by Reshma (new)

Reshma (reshma_bookie) | 15 comments Hope wrote: "The end of The Giver"

I agree. I completed reading that book yesterday and I was like WTH just happen. I was not at all expecting that ending.

message 21: by Reshma (new)

Reshma (reshma_bookie) | 15 comments Allegiant for sure.
Then The Giver, seriously what was that.

message 22: by S61, Creator/Chief Moderator (new)

S61 (kingdombooks) | 247 comments Mod
Champion by Marie Lu

message 23: by Danielle's Books (new)

Danielle's Books (daniellesbooks) | 6 comments Waterfall by Lauren Kate...

message 24: by Daphne (new)

Daphne | 13 comments Sean wrote: "Champion by Marie Lu"

I second that!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

requiem by Lauren Oliver

message 26: by Jillian (new)

Jillian | 20 comments I'm probably going to get hated for this but it has to be The Fault in Our Stars for me...

message 27: by K (new)

K (km2727) | 5 comments Unpopular opinion, but definitely Everything, Everything. That was just messed up :p

message 28: by Dandara (new)

Dandara (dandarasache) The Blood of Olympus. It was the most expected book of the series and the most disappointing. There were some good parts, yes, but overall it was very unfulfilling. Don't even get me started on that last chapter. This book had everything to be the best in the entire series and somehow Rick managed to make it the worst, unfortunately.

message 29: by Daphne (new)

Daphne | 13 comments Regarding TBOO, I actually really loved it! I don't see why everyone hates on it. Although (of course) everyone's entitled to their own opinion :-)

message 30: by Aliza (new)

Aliza (alizaf) | 7 comments this is a really unpopular opinion but I don't like the ending of me before you by JoJo Moyes.
I was also unsatisfied with the ending of the daughter of smoke and bone series because it basically ended where a whole new story was just starting.
the absolute worst ending though, has to be a gathering of shadows. it was the cruelest ending ever. so cold!

message 31: by Pottermnm (new)

Pottermnm Montse | 45 comments Champion,allegiant,...the death cure...books I will never reread!

message 32: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Allegiant and Mockingjay.

Bluewaterstorm ~ Skeletons ~  Evil and Sassy Girl ~ For a reason ~ To be known as a Legend ~ Question: What is Mockingjay, Allegiant and Champion about?

message 34: by Abz7_kaji (new)

Abz7_kaji | 5 comments Allegiant MockingJay and The Death Cure

message 35: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Toney | 62 comments The end of the Southern vampire series

message 36: by Kät (new)

Kät (katherhildeb) | 11 comments Allegiant, Death Cure, some others like Mockingjay and Requiem as well...

message 37: by Danna (new)

Danna (deeveef) | 8 comments The ending to Dreams of Gods & Monsters, The Devil's Reprise, Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, and many many more, but those are the ones I can remember right now. And only YA, because if not I wouldn't finish.

message 38: by Lady (new)

Lady Flo | 23 comments I loved Blood of Olympus and Mockingjay was okay even if I was upset about so many deaths. But Death Cure, that really sucked. First two books of the series was awesome, but the last was not, It was like auther couldn't come up with ideas and ended without giving a cure.

message 39: by Sokooky (new)

Sokooky | 6 comments Trials of Apollo continues about those characters that you wish you knew what happened to them. Just a FYI. :)

message 40: by Grace (new)

Grace (markedforcourt) | 10 comments Maximum Ride Forever definetly the ending didn't fit the characters at all

message 41: by Brooklyn (last edited Jun 17, 2016 04:12AM) (new)

Brooklyn (brooklynsippingacupoftea) | 6 comments I am very irked by the ending of The One by Kiera Cass because if felt very rushed and a lot of things seemed to be happening at the one time. And of course, Allegiant

message 42: by Tristen (new)

Tristen (bo0kenthusiast) | 28 comments Well, The ending for The

message 43: by Tristen (new)

Tristen (bo0kenthusiast) | 28 comments One did seem rushed because of the shooting scene

message 44: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh (booksbyash) | 12 comments True but it needed to happen to show how much Maxon loved America (taking the bullet for her), and she couldn't write chapter after chapter about what america was thinking when she was in the safe room..... though I would have liked a Maxon POV chapter

message 45: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn (brooklynsippingacupoftea) | 6 comments That's a good point, it just felt a bit abrupt and I wasn't entirely satisfied with it, there was something about it.

message 46: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie I wasn't a fan of the ending of Traitor Angels -- not enough questions answered and not enough closure.

message 47: by Frida (new)

Frida (leothil) Ashleigh wrote: "True but it needed to happen to show how much Maxon loved America (taking the bullet for her), and she couldn't write chapter after chapter about what america was thinking when she was in the safe ..."

In that case, I recommend getting Happily Ever After. There we read about Maxon's and America's first meeting from his perspective! :)

message 48: by Jessica (new)

Jessica LaMotte  (jesz009) I hated the ending of Dorothy Must Die.. it's been a long while since I've read it, but if I remember correctly, didn't it end abruptly? I felt like it was an end to a chapter, not the end of a book with a sequel coming.

message 49: by Grace (new)

Grace The Mara Dyer Trilogy for me.

message 50: by Punya Nayak (new)

Punya Nayak Everything, Everything, Mockingjay and Gone Girl. Especially Mockingjay because I loved the hunger games series so much!

« previous 1