Monthly "Reads" > Amy's May Reads

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments May Books
The EX by Alafair Burke 3 stars
Fool me once by Harlan Coen 4 stars
The Rail by Tommy Donovan 3 stars. The reason I
read this book is because the man that wrote this book grew up in my neighborhood. Even though he is a few years younger than I am we went to the same elementary school and the same JHS. We played in the same park and went sleigh riding in the golf course. I knew a few people that he spoke about in the book.
Saving Sophie by Ronald H. Bals9on 4 stars
See how they run 4 stars The parents in this book are the same names as my parents, Alice and Harry, The woman was a dental hygienist and my Dad was a dentist. The Uncle was named Steven and my Son’s name is Steven. How could I not read this book. LOL

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14202 comments Amy: good month! the books with personal connections sound fun to read for the possible parallels you might discover! Insight into our own life is an added bonus when we read.

message 3: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2614 comments Reading books written by people you know adds an extra layer of interest.

message 4: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3587 comments I read a cozy once where the victim's name was Hershel Perkins, which was my dad's name! Not a name you run across everyday! I told my dad about the book and he got a big laugh out of it!

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments I got a big kick out of reading it. LOL