Linda Howard Book Junkies discussion

Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9, Wolfe Security, #0.5)
This topic is about Shadow Fall
Archive > Shadow Fall by Laura Griffin (#9 Tracer series)

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments Special Agent Tara Rushing arrives at a grisly murder scene and quickly discovers she’s got a serial killer on her hands. The killer is meticulous, making sure to wipe up even the smallest traces of evidence…but the Delphi Center experts are on the case.

The local sheriff has a suspect all picked out—ex-Marine and current security expert Liam Wolfe. Despite all her digging, Tara knows very little about Liam when she shows up at his sprawling Texas compound, which serves as headquarters for Wolfe Securities, and she’s surprised by her intense physical reaction to him.

As she and Liam grow closer, Tara finds herself depending on his skills and expertise to help her track a killer. But when another body turns up, Tara must decide if she can trust the man who’s quickly stealing her heart.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1597 comments Liam is off the charts HOT!

message 3: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments Thanks for letting us know. I am looking forward to this book, my only problem is until Griffin publishes another book this is it for the Tracer series

message 4: by Anita (last edited Jun 06, 2016 10:08AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1597 comments Actually, there is Deep Dark that was just published. It is Reed Novak and Laney Knox. In January, 2017 we get At Close Range which is Scott Black's story. I really can't wait for that one. I've got my fingers crossed that I get the ARC early.

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments I have Deep Dark on order at the library, but so far they say it is on order. Anita were you able to get an ARC copy of this book?

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1597 comments I got the ARC's for #8 on. I started the series at #8 and went back and read the whole series from the beginning.

message 7: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments Wow. I am so looking forward to Deep Dark

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1597 comments Deep Dark is a really great book with a real contrast between the hero, Reed - a button down by the book detective and Laney - a very with it white hat hacker. The contrast is a big part of the book.

message 9: by CD {Boulder Blvd} (last edited Jun 09, 2016 08:50PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

CD {Boulder Blvd} (boulderblvd) | 1047 comments I agree with Anita on the contrasts of Reed and Laney and how it was woven into the book, Deep Dark. They were very different and yet they balanced each other out and belonged together. I really enjoyed it.

message 10: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments Well I still have Deep Dark on hold. It is still on order...so

message 11: by Dee (last edited Jun 21, 2016 08:40PM) (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments I have started on Shadow Fall and have Deep Dark on hold. I will pick it up Thursday. My question is no one has really made any comments on this book do we want to continue with the latest book in the series?

message 12: by Judy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Judy | 761 comments I'm about half way through Shadow Fall and enjoying it. The last two books (not Laura Griffin's) I read were a disappointment, so I'm glad to be reading something good again. My library doesn't have Deep Dark, but I put in a request for it yesterday.

Griffin certainly keeps me guessing, because I don't have a clue who the culprit is in this story.

message 13: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments I understand not everyone will have Deep Dark, but because we have been reading the whole series I am going to put it up and if and when you read the book comment when ever.

message 14: by Dee (last edited Jun 30, 2016 01:23PM) (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 7583 comments I just finished with Shadow Fall and I have to say I wasn't that impressed with this book. I didn't really connect with Liam (and yes he is REALLY hot!!) and Tara. I mean, I never saw what he saw in her and what she saw in him.

Also, I understand she is in a men's only club, and she is trying to prove herself competent by never asking for help. To me this made her seem cold and no depth to her. I really didn't like Tara.

I really did like MJ. I think there was a lot of potential for a good story line with her.

CD {Boulder Blvd} (boulderblvd) | 1047 comments I really liked the combination of Liam's right hand man (Jeremy) and Tara's right hand "woman" (MJ). I wanted to get to know these characters more and was really hoping for some romance to bloom between them. In fact, there was a part of me that liked the idea of a romance between them better than the romance between Liam and Tara.

message 16: by Judy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Judy | 761 comments It wouldn't surprise me if there is a future book about Jeremy and MJ. I wondered this as I read the book.

I do have to say though that I liked the characters of Liam and Tara. They had their idiosyncracies, but don't we all?

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1597 comments I bet there will be a future book for Jeremy and MJ. That seems to be how Laura Griffin does things. She likes to set up the secondary characters to be H/h's in future books. I really like that.