Struggling Writers discussion

Discussions > What are your Guilty Pleasures as a writer?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

♥️♥️ Lanae ♥️♥️  (ramboramblernae) | 5 comments I think it's safe to say that Coffee and baked goods are a given with most of us aspiring and inspiring writers. lol.

And this is might be a shameless plug but I actually just wrote a blog about my guilty pleasure, a random writing topic that came about after doing the 30 day photo challenge on Instagram. I'm mostly excited because I officially started my own blog with wordpress.org in November 2015 but I've been incredibly slow (read: terrified) to actually write a BLOG. My site has consisted of Fan-Fiction and Book Reviews that I cross-post here on Goodreads. And only in the last few months have I begun to post chapters of my two Original works.

So here it is: Netflix: It's EVIL (if you're an aspiring author)

And with that in mind, does anyone else have any bad habits when it comes to sticking to your writing schedule? I can't be the only procrastinator on here!!!

message 2: by R.F.G. (new)

R.F.G. Cameron | 601 comments Actually taking time to relax, a very guilty pleasure. Trying to write when not taking care of what must be done means less time to just watch hawks or sunsets.

♥️♥️ Lanae ♥️♥️  (ramboramblernae) | 5 comments R.F.G. wrote: "Actually taking time to relax, a very guilty pleasure. Trying to write when not taking care of what must be done means less time to just watch hawks or sunsets."

LOL! Taking time to "watch" something kinda puts us in the same boat. Only with you, it's sports. I've recently discovered that painting can be pretty relaxing, too.

message 4: by R.F.G. (new)

R.F.G. Cameron | 601 comments Actually not sports, but the flying critters that hunt around the house. Turkey buzzards get boring waiting for me to croak, but hawks tend to be fun.

♥️♥️ Lanae ♥️♥️  (ramboramblernae) | 5 comments R.F.G. wrote: "Actually not sports, but the flying critters that hunt around the house. Turkey buzzards get boring waiting for me to croak, but hawks tend to be fun."

Oops. Lol gotcha.

message 6: by R.F.G. (new)

R.F.G. Cameron | 601 comments It's all good, as I tend to spend more time around wild creatures than bipedal creatures most of the time.

We don't do broadcast / cable TV, especially since javelin catching was never a popular sport. Some people just didn't quite catch on to the fact that one is required to catch the javelin with one hand rather than through the body. **A bit of archaic sport humor there. **

♥️♥️ Lanae ♥️♥️  (ramboramblernae) | 5 comments R.F.G. wrote: "It's all good, as I tend to spend more time around wild creatures than bipedal creatures most of the time.

We don't do broadcast / cable TV, especially since javelin catching was never a popular s..."

LOL. Showing my age here but you just made me think of Matilda's Ms. Trunchbull

message 8: by K.P. (last edited Jun 07, 2016 02:07PM) (new)

K.P. Merriweather (kp_merriweather) | 47 comments If I can find time to relax difficult. On the off chance I can I paint or read comics. I'm not much of a telly watcher tho but if a movie is interesting I'll leave the house lolz

♥️♥️ Lanae ♥️♥️  (ramboramblernae) | 5 comments K.P. wrote: "If I can find time to relax difficult. On the off chance I can I paint or read comics. I'm not much of a telly watcher tho but if a movie is interesting I'll leave the house lolz"

I never used to watch TV. I have this issue with commercials lol. but these last fews years....WHY was Netflix created? Ugh. And I'm the opposite. I can't remember the last movie I saw. I'm all about tv series lol. But I'm trying to shut it down. Go back to reading only

I've never really tried comics before. Never seemed like enough words for me lol.