ᴄʀᴏᴡɴs || ᴀɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴀɴᴄᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴇᴠᴀʟ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ discussion

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white)
Figured we come use one of these, Rose :D.

Please do not post within this thread unless you are a mod. Reading is perfectly fine! This is a place where mods will be discussing varies things within the group, that affect the group, and so forth. If you have any questions or concerns or you want to weigh in on something, feel more than free to do as such either in the Questions Thread, Suggestions/Concerns Thread, or via PM to one or all of the mods. We want to include the members as much as possible within the group!

Now, with that all said, do you have anything you want to talk about, Rose? Any sorta plot stuff you want to work on? Any threads we need to make or edit?

message 2: by Rose ♥ (new)

Rose ♥ | 294 comments Mod
Well, the roleplay won't open until both kings (and preferably both queens as well) are completed and approved. So till then I'd just keep working on creating rp threads. I'm currently working on the Tivell Palace, which is somewhat nicer than the Yoven Palace and full of golds, whites, and reds. Maybe you could work on the Yoven Palace? It's a little more rustic, but still nice.

One of the big reasons the two families are fighting one another is because the Tivells have a lot more wealth than the Yovens do, which is evident in the way the two live.

message 3: by Savannah W ~ (new)

What do you think of these? If any are too fancy, let me know.

(view spoiler) Finding a theme was a bit hard. There’s some blue in most of them?

message 4: by Rose ♥ (new)

Yeah, those look great. I like the theme of blues.

message 5: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Cool, cool :D. I'll post them in a moment, then! I cut out the sitting room because, well, they are a bit lower in funds, so getting rid of one of the rooms would make sense, yeah?

message 6: by Rose ♥ (new)

I suppose. Of course, I'm still adding other rooms and places on the grounds as well so there will be more places to add to the Yoven Palace as well.

message 7: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Okay, I'll do the same.

message 8: by Savannah W ~ (last edited Jun 07, 2016 12:55PM) (new)

Mkay, so I think, based off those who have signed in the rules thread and those who are members, these people have left:

Lilian Fischbach ♥ Marikplier's Sister, awkward potato, and Jess~ I live in the danger zone.

All but awkward potato had Face Claims, so I think we should free those up for others to grab if they wanted any of them, and Jess had a decent number of claimed character spaces: Tivell Prince, Yoven Maternal Male Cousin, Tivell Knight, Tivell Chef, Personal Servant to Male Prince of Tivell, and a personal guard of the Yoven family. So...we can free those up as well. Dear goodness, who'd claim so many roles only to bail out? That's highly frustrating.

Anywho. The next thing I think we should talk about is reducing the amount of families, condensing them into fuller families, allowing the characters to actually, well, have families. We can run it by the group and see if they'd be okay with the idea before doing it, of course, because it'd impact their characters. What do you think? Should we keep it as is, or lower the families for now, adding in more as more characters are created, maybe?

message 9: by Rose ♥ (new)

Awkward Potato left, he/she messaged me and I removed their claims. I'll send out messages to the rest of the members we believe have left to be sure before we remove their claims.

As for the families, I put out only three noble families because I felt it was a good compromise between one family per each royal family and the 7-10 they usually have each. But maybe I can lower them down to two families each until those are filled up?

message 10: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) That was nice of him/her to let you know :). Alrighty, thank you for messaging them to see if they're gone or not! It showed they weren't members, so I assumed, but being for sure is better than assuming.

It doesn't matter much if we decrease the family's or not. We can leave it at three :). I was just worried some would be waiting forever for family members. Bleh. Idk.

message 11: by Rose ♥ (new)

I think three should be fine for now. After all, the group is still growing and the roleplay hasn't even started yet. There's still time for more people to join and claim them.

message 12: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Oh, I know :D. But it seems like each time we gain a member, we lose one :/. I was just worried that the current families wouldn't get filled out. We have, what, a total of 12 families? The main 2 royal families, the 2 Queen's sister/brother's families, the 2 King's sister/brother's families, and the 6 nobles. But they'll fill up, I'm sure you're right :).

Have you heard anything back from Evan recently?

message 13: by Rose ♥ (new)

It's more like 8 families, since the royal families are technically all one family, united through marriage. Just give it time ^~^

Not personally, no.

message 14: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Meh, you see it as 8, me as 12, united or not. I count a family as each set of married couple (and if they have kids, than their kids include into their marriage as a family until they are married themselves). But it really doesn't matter. You say potato, I say tomato kinda thing haha. I'm givin' it time XD, I said I'm sure you're right :).

Hopefully he/she's just had a busy schedule recently. Are we still going to hold rp off until the kings are made? I, personally, don't think we should just because it wouldn't impact some characters. But that's just my opinion.

message 15: by Rose ♥ (new)

Busy schedule is likely. I myself only just finished exams for school. I think we should keep the roleplay held off until the kings are made, or until we have a certain amount of approved characters. I'm pretty sure we only have like 2 made so far.

message 16: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Yup, just your two are complete atm. So if a set of collabed characters are both created and ready to go but we have not gotten either both kings made or enough other characters, we won't let them rp? We'd be worried might get too far along in their rp while others are still making characters, right?

message 17: by Rose ♥ (new)

I think it just depends on how many characters are made and how much of the royals are made. If we end up having like 15 characters finished but both kings aren't done, I might open the rp anyways.

message 18: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) I'd hope so. I know sometimes, back when I was a group junkie, I'd get in a group and make a few characters, but rp was cut off for so long that I lost interest in and touch with my characters :/.

message 19: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) But that was after like a month and a half of just waiting...so we have time. A good bit of it XD.

message 20: by Rose ♥ (new)

Yeah, I get that. It'll definitely open sooner rather than later.

message 21: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) So, as soon as I saw that the cult worships fire, I immediately pictured the Eternal Fire from The Witcher games lol. I'm such a nerd....especailly because the next thing I thought of was from Borderlands 2 and the cult of the Fire Hawk O.o Yup. Nerd.

message 22: by Rose ♥ (new)

o.o I don't actually know what any of those things are XD That's unusual for me...actually I may know Borderlands...is that a video game?

message 23: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Yup! Both are video games, though I think the Witcher had books too?

message 24: by Rose ♥ (new)

Heh, no idea. That's funny though XD I kind of got the idea from the Lord of Light and Melissandra (sp?) from Game of Thrones, but then I turned it into something quite different.

By the way, you should add your introduction in the Meet the Mods thread as soon as you can! I know you're busy tonight though :)

message 25: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Is there html for GRs that centers stuff? That'd be a super beautiful thing to learn instead of having to use blockquotes to try and get stuff to center out well, only to have it still slightly off and crap. *grumbles at first world problem*

message 26: by Rose ♥ (new)

I think there is, but I have no idea what it is XD

message 27: by Rose ♥ (new)

I do know this one trick though. You can type nb.sp; over and over and it'll create space like a blockquote. The more you do, the further the word after it goes towards the right, or to the center. Just remove the . in between the b and s.

message 28: by Savannah W ~ (last edited Jun 08, 2016 02:32PM) (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white)    Testing out the trick on this top line, so just ignore...

Do I need to type it into anything? Like <.>?

I know on other sites it's just as <.center> but not here... So it's an annoying little thing.

message 29: by Rose ♥ (new)

Just like that, but no spaces in between. Oh wait shit Actually it's &nb.sp; no period XD

message 30: by Rose ♥ (new)

Should look like so:

Hallo

message 31: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) OH! That's so nifty and helpful!

message 32: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Was the quote I wrote up for the rebel's collab section alright for them? I didn't even think to ask before posting it. I was basing it more from the general people's prospective of what they are fighting for (to get the war to stop so that no one of their people die). I know that Andi has a different sorta quote for herself haha, as would probably each other person in it. But for a generalized group, that quote alright?

message 33: by Rose ♥ (new)

Oh no, I love it! I was actually considering doing something like it for every family/group collab after I saw it. Maybe you'd consider doing it for me? XD Or we could do it together.

message 34: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) XD Glad you liked it! Quotes are my jam! Well, I say that, but they fall short if I don't know much about what I'm making the quote for. For the Rebels, I knew what I was going for. So it may be a bit hard to make it for the families and other collab groups unless you give me a spill of what you want them to reflect :D. I can should be able to do it with a little blurb of what you think the family is about, though

message 35: by Rose ♥ (new)

Well that's easy enough. I'll come up with a little background on each family and you can work with it? I already may have ones for both royal families...

message 36: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Yup, should work for me :D. No promises it'll be great or anythang. So no hopes should be gotten up!

message 37: by Rose ♥ (new)

I'm sure they'll be great XD Better than what I could do, heheh.

So the war between the Tivells and the Yovens...it's so old barely anyone remembers why they're fighting. In the beginning, the Yovens were the only royals in Shinem. But centuries after the kingdom had ruled, a princess abandoned the family, furious that her brother, younger than her by three years, had been chosen the heir to the family simply because he was a man and she was a woman.

She took the man she loved, despite his station, and married him. Her last named changed to Tivell, she declared herself a Queen by birthright and her husband a King. Years passed, and the kingdoms began to fight for resources. The Tivells eventually became wealthier than the Yovens and soon it was a fight for survival. Shinem only has enough resources to support one kingdom. Hence, the awful war going on between the two kingdoms.

message 38: by Savannah W ~ (last edited Jun 09, 2016 10:44AM) (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) How'd she get people to follow her? Wouldn't, in most people's eyes, she just be seen as a woman who thought herself bigger than she was (thinking she deserved to rule over a male sibling of hers), so she abandoned her family, and decided she should be a queen? I wouldn't follow her. She'd seem like a power hungry priss who was willing to turn on those closest to her to get what she wanted. Unless there was some reason, of course. Like was the Yovens awful to their people? Did she have something to offer the people?

Just trying to get a good hold on things :).

message 39: by Savannah W ~ (last edited Jun 09, 2016 11:00AM) (new)

On another completely different note, do you vote for or against a Character Counter/Tracker thread? (view spoiler) We could alter this one, obviously; it's just one had from a group I had a lonnngg time ago. It'll allow for a nice, neat, organized little place for people to look into to see the characters, if they are open for an rp atm, and all that jazz. It doesn't matter to me if we have the thread or not, though :). So your decision.

message 40: by Rose ♥ (new)

Hmm. I hadn't thought about how she'd get people to follow her. Give me a bit and I'll think on it...

As for character tracking...I thought I'd already made a thread for that? Did I never post it? I usually do because I personally need help tracking my characters...

message 41: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Let me know if you need any help :D.

Oh! I found the tracker! I knew I thought I'd seen one laying around. it was in the informational folder, and I didn't notice it. Is it alright if we move it to...maybe the finished character folder?

message 42: by Rose ♥ (new)

Yeah, sure, let's move it there. I hadn't really thought of the best place to put it, so I just put it in information before I had any other topics in there.

message 43: by Savannah W ~ (new)

Savannah W ~ (savannah_white) Congrats on your graduation! :D

Mkay, so for the group, do we need to send out a mass massage to the members to encourage activity? Also, Evan...haven't heard from him/her in awhile, and since he/she has one of the kings, think we should message him/her and see if he/she is still interested?

message 44: by Rose ♥ (new)

Thanks!

Yeah, let's do that. I'll send out a message tonight (hopefully) and let everyone know that now that it's Summer, we expect them to be a lot more active and if not to let us know.

ᴄʀᴏᴡɴs || ᴀɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴀɴᴄᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴇᴠᴀʟ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ

unread topics | mark unread