Nature Literature discussion

Book of the Month > July 2016 suggestions

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becky (new)

Becky Norman | 657 comments Mod
Hello everyone,

I'm taking suggestions for the July 2016 Book of the Month until next Saturday. Please enter your nominations in this thread with a link to the book if possible.

Thanks,
Becky

message 2: by Paul (new)

Paul (halfmanhalfbook) | 62 comments Having just read it I think that others should read The Running Hare: The secret life of farmland

message 3: by Ray (new)

Ray Zimmerman | 637 comments I just saw this one, and will be reading it anyhow. I nominate The Hour of Land https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 4: by Sher (new)

Sher (sheranne) | 938 comments Mod
I'd like to nominate a recently published book/memoir featuring the natural history of albatross and Hawaiian mythology.
Holy Moli: Albatross and Other Ancestors

message 5: by Pam (new)

Pam Kennedy | 78 comments Has this group read Summer World by Bernd Heinrich? I will nominate it if it hasn't been read yet

message 6: by Becky (new)

Becky Norman | 657 comments Mod
Hi Pam,

The group read Winter World by Heinrich in Dec. 2014 but that's the only Heinrich we've read as a collective. I will add Summer World to the poll.

~Becky

message 8: by Annie (new)

Annie (anniecholewa) | 6 comments I don't normally comment much here although I do read along each month. This month though I'd like to nominate Julian Hoffman's The Small Heart of Things: Being at Home in a Beckoning World

message 9: by Annie (new)

Annie (anniecholewa) | 6 comments Paul wrote: "Having just read it I think that others should read The Running Hare: The secret life of farmland"

I am due to hear John Lewis Stemple talk about his book, The Running Hare, later this month. I'm looking forward to it.

message 10: by Sher (new)

Sher (sheranne) | 938 comments Mod
Annie wrote: "I don't normally comment much here although I do read along each month. This month though I'd like to nominate Julian Hoffman's [book:The Small Heart of Things: Being at Home in a Beckoning World|1..."

Hi Annie:
I have subscribed to Julian's blog for several years now. He is a terrific writer and photographer. I'm glad to know about his book. Sher