A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) A Court of Mist and Fury discussion

How Amazing This Book Is

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Emily Harris God this FUCKING BOOK. If you're still on the fence about starting this series, I recommend to pick this up NOW. One of the best books I have ever read.

Belle I just love how she can do a 180 on your brain and completley change your whole perspective of the characters in the book.
Like I am ashamed to say this, but I completley hated Rhysand in the first book and adored Tamlin in ACOTAR and about halfway through ACOMAF but now the tables have turned and I cant stand Tamlin and Love Rhysand.
funny ha.

Matti Trimbath This book truly is a phenomenal read!

Belle It's just a pain having to wait another year to know how it ends.

Matti Trimbath Belle wrote: "It's just a pain having to wait another year to know how it ends."

I. KNOW.

Belle Why are authors so cruel when it comes to writing. They draw you in with their seductive words, and then boom cliffhanger see you in a year. Not fair.

Belle It's funny I crave standalone books because I know when I get to the end that's how it will stay, but when I finish I still end up wanting more. I'm can't win this war with myself.

Matti Trimbath Belle wrote: "Why are authors so cruel when it comes to writing. They draw you in with their seductive words, and then boom cliffhanger see you in a year. Not fair."

I know. At the same time i don't want it to end though:( I also don't trust Sarah not to break my heart with this.

Belle So true matti. Because Sarah is just like Regina from once upon a time she can rip out hearts from people's chests and play with our emotions. And she does it so well.

Matti Trimbath Belle wrote: "So true matti. Because Sarah is just like Regina from once upon a time she can rip out hearts from people's chests and play with our emotions. And she does it so well."

Tell me about it! I was a whirlwind of emotion throughout the ACOTAR and Throne of Glass series!

Belle Gracious could not have said it better myself.
Because I was in love with Tamlin in ACOTAR. I can't go back and read that story as a series anymore because of how much I love RHYSAND now so I choose to believe that it is a standalone.

Belle I love Sarah's writing soo much but I'm too afraid about reading the throne of glass series because of how many books there are and what's going to happen to my heart along the way.

Belle Thanks Sarah j mass for putting us all on edge!!!!.

Belle It's fan art I found on the Internet. It's suppose to represent Nina and Matthais from six of crows by Leigh bardugo. That too is really amazing.

Belle No that's actually funny.

Belle No way RHYSAND IS ALREADY SHIPPED AND SET SAILED . no going back

Belle Is that for both of her series. I've only read her ACOTAR series. Is it worth going into the throne of glass series. Or is the main character too annoying.

Belle No problem, nice chatting with you and Matti.

Belle Gracious wrote: "I am here to talk if you want."

What books would you recommend reading that are just as amazing as this book.

Matti Trimbath Belle wrote: "Gracious wrote: "I am here to talk if you want."

What books would you recommend reading that are just as amazing as this book."

I love Throne of Glass. I'm Currently reading, "The Winner's Curse" ,and it's pretty good so far, but I'm not even have way through the second book yet so yeah.

message 21: by Belle (last edited Jun 08, 2016 09:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Belle I have looked into the throne of glass series but there is just so many books in the series, that I just feel like soo much will happed and Sarah will just tug at my heart strings too much.

Is the winners curse worth looking into??

Matti Trimbath I think so. I'm friends with Gracious irl, and I know that we both also enjoyed the "Shatter Me" series a lot!

Belle problem with shatter me is that I have already been spoiled for it already.

Matti Trimbath That's awful!! I'm sorry!

Belle It's ok. Other books have comforted me.

Matti Trimbath Haha:) Do you have any recommendations?

Belle Yes
The Grisha trilogy
Illuminae
Six of crows
This shattered world trilogy
Firebird trilogy
All our yesterdays
Soo many more

Belle Thanks for the recommendations tho
Will look into winners curse sounds good

Matti Trimbath Awesome!

Belle Gracious wrote: "@Belle I recommend Burning Glass"

Will look into it, thanks for the recommendation.

Belle Matti wrote: "Awesome!"

Purchased all three books in the winners curse series.
Which is awesome so I can marrathon the series.
But the only problem is now that I have to wait for them to arrive.
thanks for the recommendation.

Matti Trimbath Awesome!! And no problem

message 33: by Mel (new) - added it

Mel Johnson I'm so glad I'm not the only one who can't shake this. I'm stuck in this book major. I can't wait for the third installment.

emily Those who haven't read Throne of Glass should read it. It takes place in the same world as ACOTAR (most likely in a different time period, probably after? I'm not sure). If you like fantasy, try the Grisha Trilogy and Six of Crows or maybe Red Queen. I also enjoyed The Lunar Chronicles, which is more sci fi but still has some fantasy elements.

Anyways, I have no idea how I'm going to manage waiting for the next book. It's been over two months since it came out and I'm still not over it. I'm probably just going to continue rereading it...