Play Book Tag discussion

And the Mountains Echoed
This topic is about And the Mountains Echoed
Archive: Other Books > And the Mountains Echoed / Khaled Hosseini. 3.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LibraryCin | 8012 comments And the Mountains Echoed / Khaled Hosseini
3.5 stars

Pari is separated from her family and her older brother Abdullah when she is little. She goes to live with other people she grows up to know as her parents. This book follows Pari and many other characters as time passes and both Pari and Abdullah grow old.

Each chapter was told from a different character's point of view and so much time passed in each character's life in their chapter, that it felt like short stories. That is, it wasn't a short amount of time for one character to tell their POV, then another character gets a chance. Quite different. I'm not always a fan of short stories, but I did like the way this one ended. Overall, though, I'm rating it “good”, and not more than that. With short stories (and with this book), I find it sometimes difficult to start every new chapter to have to get to know entirely different characters; in this book, of course, they turned out to be related in some way, but it always took a while to figure out that relationship.

Anita Pomerantz | 6249 comments Dang, I loved this one. Probably my favorite Hosseini.

LibraryCin | 8012 comments You like short stories, though, don't you?

My favourite remains A Thousand Splendid Suns

message 4: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen | 1545 comments This was probably my favorite of all his books too. We have very different tastes in books though :)

LibraryCin | 8012 comments Jen wrote: "This was probably my favorite of all his books too. We have very different tastes in books though :)"

LOL! Yes, we do. :-)

Anita Pomerantz | 6249 comments I do like short stories, but this book didn't especially remind me of short stories for some reason. A Thousand Splendid Suns was probably my least favorite, but I still thought it was great. I'm very high on him as an author.

LibraryCin | 8012 comments Oh, I'd happily continue reading more. I also rated The Kite Runner higher than I did this one.

Denizen (den13) | 1138 comments The Kite Runner was my favorite of Hosseini's three book.