Play Book Tag discussion

Paper Towns
This topic is about Paper Towns
Archive: Other Books > Paper Towns / John Green. 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LibraryCin | 8651 comments Paper Towns / John Green
3 stars

Quentin has had a crush on his neighbour, Margo Roth Spiegelman, since he was young. They are now seniors in high school, and shortly before the end of the year, Margo takes Quentin out all night to play practical jokes. The next day she disappears. Quentin is convinced she wants him to find her and has left clues for him to follow.

It was ok. It started off a bit better, I thought, but I didn't much like Margo, so I wasn't as crazy about it after she was introduced. I know I'm not a fan of practical jokes. Maybe I'm not a fan of antsy teenagers? I suppose in some books that don't bother me, but for some reason, this one was just “ok” for me.

message 2: by Joi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3822 comments I gave this three stars also. Margo seemed too pretentious for me to like her, and Quentin seemed a too stalker-y for me to like him.

I agree with the 'ok'.

message 3: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Pope (jenjunum) | 902 comments Just OK for me too. John Green in general is just OK for me. For some reason I often get skeeved by middle aged men writing teenaged girl characters.

Ladyslott | 1880 comments Ive read several of John Green's books and this is my least favorite, just didn't care for the character of Margo at all.

LibraryCin | 8651 comments I found this similar to what I remember of Looking for Alaska. I believe I rated the same. Both my least favourite of what I've read by him.