Smashwords Authors discussion

Writing and Publishing > Republishing the same story under a new title.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James Corkill | 55 comments I’ve heard about authors republishing the same story under a new title and cover. Have any of you done this or heard about if it worked?

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (fiona64) | 260 comments James wrote: "I’ve heard about authors republishing the same story under a new title and cover. Have any of you done this or heard about if it worked?"

I'm going to do it with one of mine, after a consult with Smashwords CEO Mark Coker where he recommended just that. You need a new ISBN, because it's considered a new work. As long as you are unpublishing the old edition, it's not a problem.

message 3: by James (new)

James Corkill | 55 comments Thanks, Sharon. That's good to hear. I wish you good luck.

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) | 1185 comments I have republished the B.G. Hope titles as Barbara G.Tarn (so change of author name, not story title)... I had to retire the POD version on Createspace, and get one with the new ISBN, but I didn't change it on Smashwords, just switched author on the dashboard...

message 5: by David (new)

David Rose | 17 comments Mainstream publishers have been doing this for decades...

message 6: by James (new)

James Corkill | 55 comments This is all good news. I was a little worried, since this is an ongoing series. I'll just make sure they are labeled as book 1, and so on.
Thanks for the help.