Gore and More discussion

Authors > Jonathan Janz

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth McKinley | 677 comments Mod
Janz has put together an impressive catalog of horror that seems to get better and better with each subsequent release. Not only does he know how to paint his stories with buckets of blood, but the guy has a vocabulary that will make you reach for your dictionary multiple times. My favorites of his are Exorcist Road Exorcist Road by Jonathan Janz , Wolf Land Wolf Land by Jonathan Janz , and The Clearing of Travis Coble The Clearing of Travis Coble by Jonathan Janz .

Thoughts?

message 2: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 113 comments Interview with Jonathan Janz:

http://indieauthortactics.tumblr.com/...

message 3: by D20 (new)

D20 | 173 comments Glad to hear that. Wolfland is on my Kindle.

message 4: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 113 comments Yeah he was cool to interview.

message 5: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Janz (jonathanjanz) | 128 comments Howdy, all! There's a new interview with me that just went live in which I talk about Exorcist Falls, my upcoming works, and a great many writers (including Stephen King, Brian Keene, Joe R. Lansdale, and Jack Ketchum). Here it is!

http://www.robinleesdarkside.com/sing...

message 6: by Monica (new)

Monica Go | 57 comments Ken I absolutely agree with you. I just finished Exorcist Road and I think it just became my favorite by J. Janz. Wolfland has the second place. He never disappointed me so far. :D

message 7: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 113 comments Speak of the devil there he is! lol. How are you Jonathan?

message 8: by Kenneth (last edited Mar 22, 2017 07:33PM) (new)

Kenneth McKinley | 677 comments Mod
Justin wrote: "Speak of the devil there he is! lol. How are you Jonathan?"

You have to watch out for the ever lurking Mr. Janz. Muah ha ha ha.....

...actually, his accessibility to his readers on here and his easy going and humble demeanor is what made me seek out his work. As a moderator and a horror reviewer/blogger, I've been bombarded through the years by people that only want to plug their books. It leaves a cheap and sleazy feeling behind and it makes me not want to review their writing. I can honestly say that Jonathan has been the absolute opposite. He's a horror fan, first and foremost. He makes it a point to not hawk his stuff and simply talk horror with people on here. In fact, if you weren't familiar with his work or read his bio, you'd probably have no clue that he's an author, and that's very refreshing. Over the years, I've had the honor to have some great conversations with him and learned a ton about the industry through his trials and tribulations. Not only is he one of my favorite authors, but he's one of my favorite people and a good friend.

message 9: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 31 comments Very nice words Ken!

message 10: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Janz (jonathanjanz) | 128 comments Justin wrote: "Speak of the devil there he is! lol. How are you Jonathan?"

Great, Justin. How are you? :-)

message 11: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Janz (jonathanjanz) | 128 comments Ken wrote: "Justin wrote: "Speak of the devil there he is! lol. How are you Jonathan?"

You have to watch out for the every lurking Mr. Janz. Muah ha ha ha.....

...actually, his accessibility to his readers o..."

Ken, that is so incredible kind of you. Thank you so much! I also consider you a good friend and someone who has treated me with incredible kindness.

Thanks again, man. You made my day with that post! :-)

message 12: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 113 comments I'm quite well can't complain. We're all just up in this thread sharing our thoughts and interviews about you lol.

message 13: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Janz (jonathanjanz) | 128 comments Justin wrote: "I'm quite well can't complain. We're all just up in this thread sharing our thoughts and interviews about you lol."

Thanks, Justin. I've enjoyed what I've read so far. :-)

message 14: by Glenn (new)

Glenn Rolfe | 71 comments Janz's birthday is today. Give him a shout!
And grab a copy of any of his books you don't already own.
my suggestion:
The Clearing of Travis Coble Grab it for 99 cents. A short and spectacular read.

message 15: by Monica (new)

Monica Go | 57 comments I'm late, I had no internet but Happy happy birthday Jonathan.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) A (late) Happy Birthday greeting

message 17: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Janz (jonathanjanz) | 128 comments Monica wrote: "I'm late, I had no internet but Happy happy birthday Jonathan."

Thank you so much, Monica! :-)

message 18: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Janz (jonathanjanz) | 128 comments Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder* wrote: "A (late) Happy Birthday greeting"

Thank you, Erin! :-)