Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dollyp (new)

Dollyp | 6 comments (A) Why do some people hate them so much in books and (b) can any one recommend any good love triangle books (preferably fantasy).

Much love

Dolly

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (stormfire298) | 52 comments I don't know about everyone else but for me I usually dislike love triangles. Partly because they're often predictable, partly because the choice is usually obvious for some reason or another, and partly because I as a person am not built in a way that waffling back and fourth is something I do in my own personal relationships. When I come across them I am often just plain irritated. In some cases I feel like the choices the characters make are not in alignment to how I read the character to be. Another thing I notice is that in books where men are the main character they don't seem to write the love triangles in a similar way (if at all).

I prefer to read about women who may happen to have romance and additional story. If it takes up the majority of my fantasy novels I feel like I just wasted energy I could have been using reading something else. Somewhere on my physical book shelf I have some books that have good triangles I will try to find them and post them here.

message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 7 comments Love triangles annoy me because, in the books I've read, authors tend to invest more time in building a relationship with the evil/bad/wrong guy in the triangle (because it takes more explaining as to why they'd be attractive as a partner), so we actually get some relationship basis with the one...but because they are the "wrong" guy of course the lead doesn't end up with him.

Or by having attention split between two (or more) options none of the relationships get fully fleshed out and just fall flat.

Some good fantasy with love triangles:
Paladin by Sally Slater
The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson (very YA with a heavy focus in the LT, a simple read)
Snow Like Ashes (haven't read this yet but have it marked as LT)