What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Novel about a beginning writer's ex-wife reviewing his first book [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Boris (new)

Boris Sharchilev | 3 comments I'm trying to find this book I've read before but can't remember the name or the author...

PLOT DETAILS: The plot revolved around an aspiring writer and his ex-wife; They've met each other in childhood (I think) and developed a romantic relationship afterwards. Later, as an adult, he was struggling to write his novel and, therefore, suffered depression and often withdrew from their home to his writing spot (I vaguely recall it to be a tree house or smth like that). In the meantime, his wife grew attached to his friend, cheated on him and eventually married the friend. The book starts off with her receiving the novel draft from her ex, and during the book she reads it and seems to experience some feelings towards the ex, but he seems to have moved on.

I've read it in Russian but am pretty sure it was originally written in English. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

message 3: by Boris (new)

Boris Sharchilev | 3 comments Spot-on! Jules, you are awesome. Thanks a lot!

message 4: by Boris (new)

Boris Sharchilev | 3 comments *Juels, sorry for the typo.

message 5: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2376 comments You're welcome. (No worries, it is an unusual spelling.)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Tony and Susan (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Austin Wright (other topics)