Sharks of Awesome discussion

Books Books Books! > BINGO! June Reiding Challenge

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 79 comments Get those stamps ready for our June BINGO Reiding Challenge!

Yes... I know I'm running a few days late and I'm sorry. Life and all that jazz, but I've prepared something EXTRA special for all the Sharks!

description

In order to 'stamp' a box as finished (with the exception of the 'free space' star in the middle) you must read a book to fulfill that box. "Book by a Male Author" obviously means read a book written by a male author. For those that are a little more ambiguous such as "Candy Day - Any 'sweet' book" then I'm going to open that interpretation WIDE open. If you can justify your book choice then I'm going to accept it. If you really, really need validation then always feel welcome to ask questions. Sadly, there are no prizes for the first to call Bingo other than the knowledge that you totally are the King or Queen Shark of 'Reiding' Bingo for June.

♥Books must be read during the month of June
♥Each book can only fulfill ONE square unless you read the book twice during the month- then it can fulfill two squares.
♥To call 'Bingo' you must mark out 5 boxes (see picture below as reference)

Here are the all the possible ways to win a Bingo:
description

Levels of Difficulty:
Kelly's Eye One Bingo (view spoiler)
Legs Eleven Two Bingos (view spoiler)
Doctor's Orders Three Bingos (view spoiler)
Knock at the Door Four Bingos (view spoiler)
Dirty Gertie 5 or More Bingos - you animal, you!(view spoiler)

*Spoilers on the Levels of Difficulty explain the historical reference of that phrase in Bingo! use for those that like random tidbits of information*

message 2: by Alana ~ The Book Pimp (last edited Jun 08, 2016 09:05AM) (new)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 79 comments Participants:

Alana
NixLapi
Cher
Viktoria
Joannah

message 3: by NixLapi (last edited Jun 17, 2016 03:58PM) (new)

NixLapi | 5 comments Wow Alana! Love it!

Hoping to make a bingo somehow... 2 DNFs already so I'll just post what I read and hope it works out! :)

Candy Month: How to Misbehave Read 06/14

Any Winston Brothers Book: Grin and Beard It Read 06/01

Book with male POV: Lady Bridget's Diary Read 06/16 (so good!)

A Book by a Male Author: Eligible Read 06/17 (do not recommend this book) <- Aaand apparently author Curtis Sittenfeld is a lady. Ha! Can I get a pity bingo?!

How to Misbehave (Camelot, #1) by Ruthie Knox Grin and Beard It (Winston Brothers, #2) by Penny Reid Lady Bridget's Diary (Keeping Up with the Cavendishes, #1) by Maya Rodale

message 4: by Cher (new)

Cher | 16 comments Can I join and decide which direction to go later??? Most likely I'll go diagonal...

message 5: by Viktoria (new)

Viktoria | 49 comments Alana, you are a genius! This is such a fun challenge. It'll take a little planning on my part (I'm a moody reader) but I'm excited. Thanks for the all the hard work you put into this!

message 6: by Joannah (new)

Joannah | 4 comments Fun!

I'm curious what books make up each person's BINGO.

The new Charly Davidson book is coming out later this month that I know can satisfy the 'funny read' but I'm always keen to discover a new book. So fellow, Sharks, please feel free to share!

message 7: by Viktoria (new)

Viktoria | 49 comments Here's what I'm currently reading and next up. I'll have to figure out how to work them into the bingo... right after this next chapter. ;)

Grin and Beard It (Winston Brothers, #2) by Penny Reid Midnight Crossroad (Midnight, Texas, #1) by Charlaine Harris Alex (Cold Fury Hockey, #1) by Sawyer Bennett Delicious! by Ruth Reichl Island Beneath the Sea by Isabel Allende Let's Just Say It Wasn't Pretty by Diane Keaton Garrett (Cold Fury Hockey, #2) by Sawyer Bennett Glamour in Glass (Glamourist Histories, #2) by Mary Robinette Kowal

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 79 comments Cher wrote: "Can I join and decide which direction to go later??? Most likely I'll go diagonal..."

Yes, alot like the Hokey Pokey...

you can put yourself in, you can pull yourself out,
you put yourself in and start shaking all about. You do the Reiding Bingo and you turn yourself around. That's what it's all about *clap*clap*

But seriously, though, it's all for fun!

message 9: by Alana ~ The Book Pimp (last edited Jun 14, 2016 02:44PM) (new)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 79 comments Working on Verticle Bingo! first:

1. Book w/ Male POV - The Infinite Sea

2. Fightt the Filthy Fly Month - Any 'Dirty' Book

3. A Book by a Male Author - The Last Star

4. Repeat Day - The 5th Wave

5. Any Winston Brother Book - Grin and Beard It

The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave, #2) by Rick Yancey The Last Star (The 5th Wave, #3) by Rick Yancey The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1) by Rick Yancey Grin and Beard It (Winston Brothers, #2) by Penny Reid

Working on horizontal:

1. Any Book by Penny Reid - Truth or Beard

2. Summer Solstice - Out of Breath

3. FREE

4. Go Fishing Day

5. A Book by a Male Author - The Last Star

Truth or Beard (Winston Brothers, #1) by Penny Reid The Last Star (The 5th Wave, #3) by Rick Yancey Out of Breath (Breathing, #3) by Rebecca Donovan

Working on a second Verticle:

1. Book that Became a Movie

2. A Funny Book - Big Vamp on Campus

3. FREE

4. Gay Pride Month

5. Any Book by Penny Reid

Big Vamp on Campus (Half-Moon Hollow, #5.5) by Molly Harper

*Extras*

Over 250 Pages - Reason to Breathe

Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1) by Rebecca Donovan

message 10: by Cher (last edited Jun 30, 2016 03:57PM) (new)

Cher | 16 comments I'm going for diagonal and inside corner

10/10 Completed
3 Bingos!!

Candy month - Cupcake
Cupcake by M. Andrews
June 14th flag day (red, white or blue cover) Hero
Hero by Samantha Young
A book with at least 250 pages - The Girl on the Train
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
Book w/ male pov - Magnificent Bastard
Magnificent Bastard by Lili Valente
National kissing day - It Had to Be You
It Had to Be You (Lucky Harbor, #7) by Jill Shalvis
A book published this year - I Wish You Were Mine
I Wish You Were Mine (Oxford, #2) by Lauren Layne

Add: the middle horizontal

Any Book By Penny Reid - Grin and Beard It
Summer Solstice - Suddenly One Summer
Go Fishing Day - Under the Covers by Claire Boston
A Book By Male Author - On the Road with Kids

message 11: by Joannah (last edited Jun 27, 2016 04:59PM) (new)

Joannah | 4 comments I feel like I should have a BINGO by now.

Let's see.

Beach, Please! - Big Vamp on Campus Big Vamp on Campus (Half-Moon Hollow #5.5) by Molly Harper
Smile Power Day - Honeymoon from Hell I Honeymoon from Hell I by R.L. Mathewson
Any Book by Penny Reid - Grin and Beard It Grin and Beard It (Winston Brothers, #2) by Penny Reid
A Book at the Bottom of TBR Pile - The Gift The Gift by Alison Croggon
Book w/ Male POV - The Riddle The Riddle (The Books of Pellinor, #2) by Alison Croggon

This was lots of fun - I hope we do it again!