The GoodBook Club discussion

Beware That Girl
This topic is about Beware That Girl
Announcements > June Book Club Pick - Beware That Girl

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Penguin Random House Canada (penguinrandomhousecanada) | 94 comments Mod
For fans of We Were Liars, The Girl on the Train, and Gone Girl, this powerful psychological thriller with multiple mysteries is set against the backdrop of the megawealthy elite of New York City. Toten delves into the mesmerizing yet dysfunctional world of those who manipulate but seem ever so charming. With its gripping pace and Hitchcockian twists, Beware That Girl will keep readers guessing until the very last line.

Beware That Girl is our June pick! We’ll be giving away 100 copies of the book on GoodReads so enter to win! Giveaway closes June 10.

https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

Add the book to your TBR shelf and make sure to keep an eye out for it at your local bookstore or library. Our discussion dates will be announced soon. We've got a great participation prize for all those who chime in on the chat. Enjoy the book!

Cheers,
Fatuma

Samantha Trillium (Just Reading in the Rain)☂ (trillium25) | 18 comments Colour me intrigued! This book sounds rogjt up my alley! Entered to win!

Ashley | 25 comments Sounds interesting. I hope it's better then some of the reviews, i have read. We shall see :)

message 4: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (weepinganqels) | 19 comments I've read We Were Liars and absolutely loved it, I really want to read the other two books so I'm definitely intrigued!

Jennifer | 11 comments I'm currently reading the Girl on the Train and I absolutely love it!! I find psychological thrillers so hard to put down so I can't wait to start reading this book!!

Sandra | 80 comments Sounds interesting! I've entered the contest and put a hold on at the library.

message 7: by Ammar (new)

Ammar (ammarmajali) | 65 comments The reviews don't help the book much so I have no idea if it's any good

Louise Oh dear. I didn't like We Were Liars, and I hated Gone Girl but I do want to read The Girl on the Train if I can ever find it in audio. The reviews for Beware That Girl doesn't put it in a very good light does it? If I don't win a copy, and can't get it through my library I'll have to skip this one.

message 9: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (weepinganqels) | 19 comments I just realized that Teresa Toten also wrote The Unlikely Hero of Room 13B which was one of the White Pine books last year & happened to be one of my favourites from that selection in 2015!

message 10: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 6 comments I entered the giveaway and keeping my fingers crossed.

Patricia (pattycats) | 29 comments This sounds like my kind of book. I've entered the contest and am hoping...

Krystal (crazylittlebookpage) | 38 comments I'm so excited for this book. I've been waiting for it for awhile. I can't wait to read it! I entered the giveaway will keep my fingers crossed for a copy.

Susan (suekitty13) | 46 comments I love a good thriller for summer reading! I have my fingers crossed for the giveaway! :)

message 14: by Shonna (new) - added it

Shonna (macfsh) | 1 comments Sounds good. I'm in!

message 15: by Rachna (new) - added it

Rachna (corruptmillionaire) | 16 comments Entered! Hope I win!

message 16: by Ammar (new)

Ammar (ammarmajali) | 65 comments Anyone reading the book ?

Louise I won a copy! but on Friday evening I noticed that my library had just brought in the audiobook on Overdrive and I was able to nab it up before anyone else (it now has 6 holds on it). I started listening to it today. It seems to be a bit confusing at first.

message 18: by Ammar (new)

Ammar (ammarmajali) | 65 comments Good confusing that leads to some sort of understanding or bad confusing as it's all over the place?

Louise Ammar wrote: "Good confusing that leads to some sort of understanding or bad confusing as it's all over the place?"

I'm assuming it will lead to some sort of understanding at some point. I only just started it.

message 20: by Ammar (new)

Ammar (ammarmajali) | 65 comments Good luck
I didn't bother with the book bc of all the reviews on goodreads and I'm honestly over this 'girl' phenomena aka gone girl and girl on a train and girl this and girl that

Louise Ammar wrote: "Good luck
I didn't bother with the book bc of all the reviews on goodreads and I'm honestly over this 'girl' phenomena aka gone girl and girl on a train and girl this and girl that"

Yeah, the reviews aren't very good so I'm not expecting to be wowed, nor did I want to waste my time reading it, but since I got it on audio from the library I'm willing to give it a listen.

message 22: by Catherine (new) - added it

Catherine (cathyincanada) | 2 comments UGH!! This is why I need MORE time online. Great author (adore her writing and "her" the person) and loved every book mentioned in the 'If you liked...' and completely missed the giveaway deadline.

Guess I'll have to break out the pocketbook and purchase another Toten Book. Surely, it will be worth it. Teresa does not disappoint me.

message 23: by Pat (last edited Jun 14, 2016 09:26AM) (new) - added it

Pat Winter | 10 comments Catherine wrote: "UGH!! This is why I need MORE time online. Great author (adore her writing and "her" the person) and loved every book mentioned in the 'If you liked...' and completely missed the giveaway deadline...."

HI. I won a copy of the book and am looking forward to reading it when I return to Canada. Regardless of bad reviews, sometimes you just need to read for yourself.

Penguin Random House Canada (penguinrandomhousecanada) | 94 comments Mod
Hi everyone!

So our discussion will be running from June 17- June 29. I hope to see you all there!

Cheers,
Fatuma

message 25: by Heather (new)

Heather | 47 comments Going to skip this month and focus on catching up on some of the great books I have in my TBR pile (thanks to the Penguin for sending some great reads!)
I am looking forward to seeing f the bookclub agrees with the majority of the reviews for this book.
Chat with you in July!

Sandra | 80 comments My library book is available and I will be picking it up on Thursday. Hopefully I'll get time to read it and be able to join the discussion...

Patricia (pattycats) | 29 comments Penguin Random House Canada wrote: "Hi everyone!

So our discussion will be running from June 17- June 29. I hope to see you all there!

Cheers,
Fatuma"

Penguin Random House Canada wrote: "Hi everyone!

Cheers,
Fatuma"

Hi Fatuma, I'll be ready! Thank you and Penguin Random House for the 'thank you' book, Nostalgia by M G Vassanji, one of my faviurite authors.

Samantha Trillium (Just Reading in the Rain)☂ (trillium25) | 18 comments Just picked up my copy at the library! Will be starting it tonight :)

message 29: by April (new) - rated it 1 star

April | 1 comments Just got my advanced copy! So excited to read this!

Kelsey | 1 comments Just received my ARC. Can't wait to start. Love psychological thrillers

Not Sarah Connor  Writes (notsarahconnor) | 8 comments Just got my ARC earlier today, can't wait to read and join in on the discussion! :D

Sophie | 2 comments I"ve just received my ARC from Penguin Random House Can & can't wait to dive into it!

Louise I just finished it this morning.

Tiffany (tineig) | 13 comments I am waiting for my copy to arrive from the library. Hopefully it gets here in time!

Veronica (123veronica) | 6 comments My copy arrived last night, I did manage to read the first couple of chapters. Looking forward to the discussion!

Carol Rennie I have not received my ARC copy from Penguin Random House yet, hopefully it will be here shortly because I want to join in on the discussion!

Sandra | 80 comments Just picked up at the library! Will hopefully get to read it this weekend...

Carol Rennie Carol wrote: "I have not received my ARC copy from Penguin Random House yet, hopefully it will be here shortly because I want to join in on the discussion!"

Yay! Was in the mailbox when I got home! Gotta get reading, And, I love the cover!

message 39: by Sherry (new)

Sherry | 10 comments Damn, I totally missed that deadline...hopefully next month!

Wanda | 47 comments Got my copy in the mail today and look forward to delving into this on the weekend and joining in the discussion!