2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Viki's Monthly plan - June

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Viki (last edited Jun 12, 2016 10:45PM) (new)

Viki (vikir) | 630 comments Carry on from May:

Deserves To Die (To Die, #6) by Lisa Jackson
Weekend in Paris by Robyn Sisman

Bringing Up Bébé One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting by Pamela Druckerman

::::

Science fiction: The Martian by Andy Weir

Woman's Fiction:

Time Flies by Claire Cook ✔- 3/5
Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews ✔ - 4/5

message 2: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10426 comments Mod
Hope you enjoy The Martian!

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4017 comments Mod
I've never been able to get into Lisa Jackson's books even though I've got quite a few on my Kindle. I need to give one another try...

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2440 comments Lauren wrote: "I've never been able to get into Lisa Jackson's books even though I've got quite a few on my Kindle. I need to give one another try..."

The first book I read and loved was written by her, Wendy Corsi Staub and Beverly Barton Most Likely to Die. I highly recommend it.

message 5: by Viki (new)

Viki (vikir) | 630 comments Lauren wrote: "I've never been able to get into Lisa Jackson's books even though I've got quite a few on my Kindle. I need to give one another try..."

I love Lisa jackson books. Defintely give her another try. She has many series to choose from.

message 6: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments I really want to read The Martian too. I loved the movie!

message 7: by Jonetta (new)

I read the book and then went to see the movie. Really liked both.

message 8: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments I usually have to watch the tv/movie adaptation first and then read the book. I find if I do it in reverse I tend to be unhappy with the inevitable changes.

message 9: by Jonetta (new)

I'm the exact opposite. Just can't read the book after I've seen the movie:)

message 10: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments I hear the To Die series is suppose to be very good. Ive received 3 recommendations to read that series. I might start on it next month.

message 11: by Viki (last edited Jun 05, 2016 08:38AM) (new)

Viki (vikir) | 630 comments Finished Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews . It was a great book. Can't wait to read more by her. 4/5.

message 12: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Jonetta wrote: "I'm the exact opposite. Just can't read the book after I've seen the movie:)"

Same! I cannot do my own picturing of the characters and scenes if I have seen the movie first. All I see is the movie.

message 13: by Jonetta (new)

That's it exactly.