What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Non-Fiction > SOLVED. 60s-70s Book on Psychic [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bargle (new)

Bargle | 1173 comments This is probably easy, but I'm having one of those blank memory moments.
Back in the 60s or maybe early 70s, I read a book about a psychic. The psychic was female and, I think, named Jean something. She was popular and well known at the time. It's also possible I've mixed her up with Edgar Cayce, who I also read a book about around the same time.
The book was a pocket paperback with Andrew Wyeth's "Christina's World" on the cover. First time I had seen it and that stuck with me.

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisalal) | 70 comments I'm guessing the psychic could be Jeane Dixon, but not sure of the book.

message 3: by Bargle (last edited Jun 03, 2016 12:48PM) (new)

Bargle | 1173 comments Yes, Jeane Dixon. That's the female psychic at least.

ETA: Thanks, Lisa!

message 4: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2399 comments There is a Ruth Montgomery book with a similar cover.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 5: by Bargle (last edited Jun 03, 2016 12:53PM) (new)

Bargle | 1173 comments Juels wrote: "There is a Ruth Montgomery book with a similar cover.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2..."

That may be it. I'll do some more checking.

message 6: by Juels (last edited Jun 03, 2016 01:33PM) (new)

Juels | 2399 comments It isn't an exact match to Christina's World but it does vaguely resemble it. I came across it while searching for Jeane Dixon.

message 7: by Bargle (last edited Jun 06, 2016 08:10AM) (new)

Bargle | 1173 comments Yes, Here and Hereafter was the cover I was thinking of. Now that my memory has been jogged, I remembered that I read 3 books on Psychics in a short time. The Jeane Dixon book was A Gift of Prophecy: The Phenomenal Jeane Dixon. The third was a book about Edgar Cayce. Probably Edgar Cayce Sleeping Prophet.

Thanks, Juels.

ETA: Thanks to the Mod that did the shelving.

message 8: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2399 comments You're welcome.