U of Penn - FRES Reading discussion

A Constellation of Vital Phenomena

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl S (cherylsmi) | 16 comments Well,

There was a tie between this month's selections so out of the three, I just picked one out of a hat.

So this month the read will be.....A Constellation of Vital Phenomena.
As before I'll give the group a week to pick up the selection.

New York Times Notable Book of the Year and Washington Post Top Ten Book of the Year.

Let's read!

message 2: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Wunder | 15 comments Wow! I think this will be interesting to read a book set in Chechnya..

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Wunder | 15 comments Really liking this book so far. Books that are so far from my reality are the best! Any one else laugh at the reference to Amazon?

On page 155...

message 4: by Allison (new)

Allison Olsen | 1 comments I hope I'm not too late to start talking about the book. I thought the reference to Amazon was pretty funny too. I am also noticing that the author has mentioned a few times what will happen in the next 20 years (in chapters that are marked as 2004). I am wondering how this will play out.

message 5: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Wunder | 15 comments I'm getting down to the last pages, and the pieces of the puzzle are starting to fall into place. I'm hesitant to finish because I'm sure it has to end badly for some of the characters, and while none of them are the most wonderful people ever, I don't want to see them meet terrible ends....