Classical Obsessions discussion

Music that touches your soul

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Music is more than just music. I know it.
I'm a very sensitive person, so I could either get extremely inspired by a song, or depressed. Like REALLY depressed. That's who I am.
Have you ever experienced the influence of music in a strong way?
I have different songs and pieces for different moods. When I want to get inspired I listen to Amelié's soundtrack, when I'm depressed I listen to christian/jewish songs, when I'm in a romantic mood I listen to Belle's, The young Victoria's or Emma(2009)'s soundtracks. Right now I'm listening to Amelié's soundtrack. It dragged me into this!!
I just know that music influences us more than we can imagine. So be careful what you listen to now, you might regret it later!

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie Hanna | 52 comments Yes. All the time.

Music HUGELY affects my mood--that's one reason why I love it so much :-) I have so many songs that inspire me, I can't really name them all; but a few of the latest ones are "Mijn Leven is van mij" (Pia Douwes) and "Because You Loved Me" (Celine Dion). Whenever I'm feeling down and want to get cheered up, I listen to Disney songs--works every time :-)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Jessica wrote: "Yes. All the time.

Music HUGELY affects my mood--that's one reason why I love it so much :-) I have so many songs that inspire me, I can't really name them all; but a few of the latest ones are "..."

Oh yes, Disney songs! I agree! I also love playing or listening to rag-time music when I'm happy ^^

message 4: by Elline Pelline (new)

Elline Pelline | 46 comments Mod
I'm very into "Grizzly Bear" by Rockettothesky at the moment, it's so beautiful. And Eva Cassidy's "Ain't no sunshine" is constantly playing in my head... For Shakespeare fans, try "Sonnett 138" sung by Ane Brun.

message 5: by Elline Pelline (new)

Elline Pelline | 46 comments Mod
Sorry, the song is named Grizzly man!!! I always say it wrong....

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilymorland) | 5 comments One of my favourite new pieces of music is "Le Valse De L'amour" from the new Cinderella. All the heart eyes.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Emily wrote: "One of my favourite new pieces of music is "Le Valse De L'amour" from the new Cinderella. All the heart eyes."

Oh, it's wonderful... <3

message 8: by Elsabet (new)

Elsabet Home, by Michael Buble, and Green Hills of Tyrol, sung by Isla St Clair and Caledonia, by Celtic Thunder. I'm struggling with homesickness, and these songs are about wanting to go home. I sing them when I get too bogged down.

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie Hanna | 52 comments Elsabet wrote: "Home, by Michael Buble, and Green Hills of Tyrol, sung by Isla St Clair and Caledonia, by Celtic Thunder. I'm struggling with homesickness, and these songs are about wanting to go home. I sing them..."

Ohhhhhh, I love Michael Buble too :-)

message 10: by Έλλη (new)

Έλλη (ellietolia) | 10 comments Yes, you're right! Me too! You are what you listen to! I realized that to my dismay! In my youth, I used to listen to gothic, alternative metal and doom/death metal. Especially the doom/death songs were so atmospheric! Gothic has a wonderful romance too and a sweet melancholy! Reminds me of gothic litterature etc Also, metal in general! But especially metal is NOT a good music! When I stopped listening to it I felt a weight lifting off my chest with each passing day..

Before that, I listened to rock music (I loved Nirvana) and alternative pop/rock. I begun my music career at 10 listening to britpop like Dido, Coldplay and Envanescence (a little bit of goth since then)! But I liked the above since then too! I also loved Amelie's soundtrack at that period! I bought the cd when I saw the film!

Now, when I'm depressed I listen to sad alternative/indie music and a bit of gothic still, especially Sisters of Mercy's 'Marian'! Love that song, it gives me hope! And at other times I have a huge selection of indie, alternative feel-good music! Like Air, Au Revoir Simone, Kings of Convenience etc and also piano, classical, instrumental and soundtracks! The most inspiring one, I think it's the Brave soundrack!

message 11: by Katie (new)

Katie Hanna | 52 comments Έλλη wrote: "Yes, you're right! Me too! You are what you listen to! I realized that to my dismay! In my youth, I used to listen to gothic, alternative metal and doom/death metal. Especially the doom/death songs..."

The "Brave" soundtrack is awesome.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Jessica wrote: "Έλλη wrote: "Yes, you're right! Me too! You are what you listen to! I realized that to my dismay! In my youth, I used to listen to gothic, alternative metal and doom/death metal. Especially the doo..."

I've watched Brave but never listened to the soundtrack separately. I'll have to check it up! :-)

message 13: by Elli the Elf (new)

Elli the Elf (ellitheelf) | 9 comments Miss Elaine Carringtion wrote: "I'm very into "Grizzly Bear" by Rockettothesky at the moment, it's so beautiful. And Eva Cassidy's "Ain't no sunshine" is constantly playing in my head... For Shakespeare fans, try "Sonnett 138" su..."

The Sonnett 138 by Ane Brun is fantastic! I really like the Japanese composer Yiruma, as a pianist i love the simplicity and beauty of it.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Ellisiv wrote: "Miss Elaine Carringtion wrote: "I'm very into "Grizzly Bear" by Rockettothesky at the moment, it's so beautiful. And Eva Cassidy's "Ain't no sunshine" is constantly playing in my head... For Shakes..."

I absolutely LOVE Yiruma!! His songs are so simple and easy to play, but still filled with emotions! (By the way, he's korean, not japanese ;-))

message 15: by Elli the Elf (new)

Elli the Elf (ellitheelf) | 9 comments Felicity wrote: "Ellisiv wrote: "Miss Elaine Carringtion wrote: "I'm very into "Grizzly Bear" by Rockettothesky at the moment, it's so beautiful. And Eva Cassidy's "Ain't no sunshine" is constantly playing in my he..."

Ops my bad my cousin told me he was Japanese. No matter where he is for the music just touches me every time ;)

message 16: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 5 comments Emily wrote: "One of my favourite new pieces of music is "Le Valse De L'amour" from the new Cinderella. All the heart eyes."

I listen to it on repeat with my eyes closed. All the heart eyes :)