What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Time Travel Children's book [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shelley (new)

Shelley (rivertam) | 86 comments This book I read in the early 80's. I think it's war time (ww2?) and the father is missing and the family have to move. The children end up back in the past and save a house from burning down/someone's life. I think remember there being a stable boy helping some how. I'm sure it was made into a movie. The children saving the house/person changes the future so everything is ok when they get back. That's as much as I can remember.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6980 comments Mod
Shelley--did the mother and children go to the country to serve as caretakers for the house? And was there a very old lawyer in the story? (view spoiler)

If yes, then feel free to scan my 4k+ library, since I've read the book with the additions that I just made.

message 3: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4844 comments Maybe, The Root Cellar The Root Cellar by Janet Lunn by Janet Lunn. It was first published in 1983. The girl time travels to the Civil War era.

Which part of the story takes place during the war? The "present" time or the past?
Anything about the cover?
Part of a series?

message 4: by Shelley (new)

Shelley (rivertam) | 86 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Shelley--did the mother and children go to the country to serve as caretakers for the house? And was there a very old lawyer in the story? [spoilers removed]

If yes, then feel free to scan my 4k+..."

I can remember the mother and children have to move and the very old lawyer part sounds familiar. I'm not sure about the last part though can you remember the title?

message 5: by Shelley (new)

Shelley (rivertam) | 86 comments Tab wrote: "Maybe, The Root CellarThe Root Cellar by Janet Lunn by Janet Lunn. It was first published in 1983. The girl time travels to the Civil War era.

Which part of the..."
That's not the book sounds good and I have added it to my to read list.

The present time of the book takes place during the war. I'm sure it was a stand alone book. My other post is a trilogy/series though.

message 6: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments The Amazing Mr Blunden (aka The Ghosts)? I believe it was turned into a made-for-tv movie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ama...

message 7: by Shelley (new)

Shelley (rivertam) | 86 comments Holly wrote: "The Amazing Mr Blunden (aka The Ghosts)? I believe it was turned into a made-for-tv movie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ama..."

That's it thank you so much Holly.

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32300 comments Mod
Note: Already shelved as The Ghosts by Antonia Barber.