Kindle British Mystery Book Club discussion

TV&Movie Crime,Mystery&Thriller > Agatha Raisin Returns To TV

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Gooch | 3992 comments Mod
Following last year’s Christmas movie Agatha Raisin & The Quiche Of Death, Sky1 has commissioned a full hour-long series. The show’s first season will consist of eight episodes and starts on 7th June 2016.

Based on the novels by MC Beaton, Agatha Raisin follows the former PR turned quirky detective as she investigates crimes in the quiet village of Carsely. Stewart Harcourt penned the scripts for the full series, which is once again being produced by Mammoth Screen. Cast members Ashley Jensen, Mathew Horne, Katy Wix, Matt McCooey, Jason Barnett and Jamie Glover are returning to reprise their roles.

message 2: by David (new)

Details on first episode:-
The Walkers of Dembley
A walker is found dead on a local baronet's land soon after he declares war on her rambling group for trespassing on his land. Eager to solve the crime, Agatha convinces James that they should pose as a married couple and go undercover in the victim's walking group.

message 3: by Judith (new)

Judith | 560 comments It looks like fun, I cannot watch it as I don't have a Sky box, I hope it is successful.

message 4: by David (new)

Judith wrote: "It looks like fun, I cannot watch it as I don't have a Sky box, I hope it is successful."

Do you just get terrestrial TV Judith and freeview then?

message 5: by Judith (new)

Judith | 560 comments Yes, usually there is enough to watch but sometimes the other servers have good programmes on. Channel 11 is a good one for mystery lovers, I was really pleased recently to re-watch Hetty Wainthrop, that was a classic.

message 6: by Mary (new)

Mary (broomemarygmailcom) David , any news if it be.on Acorn?

message 7: by David (new)

Not sure Mary. I don't think it is at the moment.

message 8: by Mary (last edited Aug 30, 2016 01:03AM) (new)

Mary (broomemarygmailcom) I found it on Acorn and watched the whole first series in 3 days! It was fun-- Christie type mysteries with no dark plots or gruesome bodies. The Raison character is smart and modern.

Good to watch something quite innocent for a change.
Although, if I lived in the quiet village of Carsley, I might ask her to leave as she seems to bring out all the murderers in town to do their nasty deeds. :-)

message 9: by David (new)

Funny that Mary, I think that of Midummer Murders. They have more murders round there than anywhere for little villages.
I'd not want to live there.